Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2004 Model Year - When?

Been lurking for a while while deciding whether to replace my ancient Saturn with a shiny new Pilot. The decision is pretty much made now, but I have a question...

When is the 2004 model year going to hit the dealers? I would certainly prefer to have a Pilot built in it's second model year rather than first, hopefully some of those bugs will be worked out. I have been on the Problems forum and some of those threads will make you think twice. Of course, if I went to the owner forums for the competition (Ford etc.) I can only imagine how many problems get reported over there.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
495 Posts
Re: 2004 Model Year - When?

AlanZ3 said:
Been lurking for a while while deciding whether to replace my ancient Saturn with a shiny new Pilot. The decision is pretty much made now, but I have a question...

When is the 2004 model year going to hit the dealers? I would certainly prefer to have a Pilot built in it's second model year rather than first, hopefully some of those bugs will be worked out. I have been on the Problems forum and some of those threads will make you think twice. Of course, if I went to the owner forums for the competition (Ford etc.) I can only imagine how many problems get reported over there.

Thanks in advance!
Hi Alan. Check out the following link, which mentions an August release for the 2004 models:

<a href="http://www.collegehillshonda.com/news/hondapreview.htm" target="_blank">http://www.collegehillshonda.com/news/hondapreview.htm</a>

I honestly don't blame you for being a bit concerned about the "newness" of the 2003 model; but keep in mind this is a close relative of the MDX... which has been around a couple of years. That helped me with my decision for jumping on the 2003 Pilot bandwagon. Depending on the demand in your area, you may be able to save some $$$ by getting an '03 when the '04's start rolling in.

-- Rick

·
Registered
483 Posts
Re: Re: 2004 Model Year - When?

rtresco said:

I honestly don't blame you for being a bit concerned about the "newness" of the 2003 model; but keep in mind this is a close relative of the MDX... which has been around a couple of years. That helped me with my decision for jumping on the 2003 Pilot bandwagon.

-- Rick
Excellant point, this should relieve some fears for potential buyers who are thinking of waiting for the 2004's to arrive.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts