Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2004 Midnight Blue Pics...Anyone Please Help!

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  kemosabe 
#1 ·
Hello everyone...and congrats to anyone who has ordered or received their new 2004.

If anyone out there has pictures of a 2004 Midnight Blue, I'd LOVE to see them. I realize that the blue is also on Honda vans, etc., but I just need to see it on the Pilot. I'm very anxious...and considering purchasing. The honda website was no help to me. The blue on the website is not the same color on the car.

Unfortunately, our dealers in upstate NY won't have them in for another month...and god only knows when the new blue will come in. So any pictures I would appreciate, as I'm sure everyone else would. Thanks everyone!!

#2 ·
Tigg2418 said:
Hello everyone...and congrats to anyone who has ordered or received their new 2004.

If anyone out there has pictures of a 2004 Midnight Blue, I'd LOVE to see them. I realize that the blue is also on Honda vans, etc., but I just need to see it on the Pilot. I'm very anxious...and considering purchasing. The honda website was no help to me. The blue on the website is not the same color on the car.

Unfortunately, our dealers in upstate NY won't have them in for another month...and god only knows when the new blue will come in. So any pictures I would appreciate, as I'm sure everyone else would. Thanks everyone!!
I went to an Acura dealership and looked at the Midnight Blue on an MDX. I had seen several attempts to dup the color here on this forum and they were all different, not even close to the real thing. I would suggest looking at the MDX...at least it's an SUV and a Honda/Acura product. I was able to envision what the Pilot would look like when I did this. The salesman I talked to pointed out the "pearl" effect which I hadn't even thought about previously. Sold me!!! :2:

#5 ·
Dealer here has one....still mostly in the shrink wrap.
I'll snag the DC and get you some pics tomorrow (9/2).

#6 ·
slider71 said:
Dealer here has one....still mostly in the shrink wrap.
I'll snag the DC and get you some pics tomorrow (9/2).
Don't worry, your pics will capture the color no better than anyone elses pictures.

You realy have to see it in person to know what it looks like.

#7 ·
True. One still needs to see it in person.
I think the MBP is a real nice color.
Complements the greys and blacks in the grill and trim
rather nicely.

#9 ·
Thanks everyone for your help. I'm really looking forward to seeing the pics anyone can take. I really think the blue is the one for me.

Now...the next trick is to get a good price (even $100 off msrp. would make me happy). My dealer NEVER has moved on sticker price and I was in twice for the 2003 Pilot.

The second hurdle I have to get over is selling my 98 CRV (blue)...almost in mint condit., with 46,000 miles on it. I WILL NOT TRADE IT IN!!!! WILL NOT....!!!! They will offer me way below what it's worth on trade...blue book! $9000 if that. ANYONE WANNA BUY IT IN UPSTATE NY?? HA HA!

Well, thanks for listening to me ramble...and thanks in advance for any digital pics. Take care.

#10 ·
Tigg2418 said:
The second hurdle I have to get over is selling my 98 CRV (blue)...almost in mint condit., with 46,000 miles on it.
My dealer told me he would give me at least $6,500 on my 1997 CR-V with 120,000 miles on it. Blue book is a little over $7,000 if I sell it myself. Of course the dealer has been servicing my CR-V for the last two years and knows it's condition. You never know...might surprise you. :1:

#11 ·
Re: Here's your picture.....

If you will look in the brochure from last year, you will notice that that picture is the same as one of a Green pilot.
There is such a thing as color changing software to change the color of an image!

ER

#12 ·
Re: Re: Here's your picture.....

EDR said:
If you will look in the brochure from last year, you will notice that that picture is the same as one of a Green pilot.
There is such a thing as color changing software to change the color of an image!

ER
For comparison, the 2004 image (from PILOTinginCO's post) is on the left and the 2003 brochure image is on the right... ;)

Attachments

#13 ·
Re: Re: Re: Here's your picture.....

kemosabe said:

For comparison, the 2004 image (from PILOTinginCO's post) is on the left and the 2003 brochure image is on the right... ;)
Ant those guys tricky.

Now would you trust the color in the picture? (knowing it's a CGI)

#15 ·
Picked up our MBP on Friday. Unfortunately, it's been raining
all weekend, so no good pics! The blue is very dark and the dealer referred to it as almost "ink" color. He told us in error one day as he pointed to an accord that it was "that color" (Eternal Blue Pearl) which would have been nicer, as it is a little lighter. Blue still looks great as it glistens in the sun!

Carl

#16 ·
#17 ·
Tigg2418 said:
Thanks everyone for your help. I'm really looking forward to seeing the pics anyone can take. I really think the blue is the one for me.

Now...the next trick is to get a good price (even $100 off msrp. would make me happy). My dealer NEVER has moved on sticker price and I was in twice for the 2003 Pilot.

The second hurdle I have to get over is selling my 98 CRV (blue)...almost in mint condit., with 46,000 miles on it. I WILL NOT TRADE IT IN!!!! WILL NOT....!!!! They will offer me way below what it's worth on trade...blue book! $9000 if that. ANYONE WANNA BUY IT IN UPSTATE NY?? HA HA!

Well, thanks for listening to me ramble...and thanks in advance for any digital pics. Take care.
My Midnight Blue Pearl is coming in 2 weeks- after I saw one that was at one dealer ( already sold) I couldn't settle for any other color no matter availability- I ended up getting $500 under MSRP- though- like you- no dealers initially wouldn't budge- Try DirectCars.com. If there is a dealer near you who is a member- you will be able to get it at least $300 under MSRP- that kinda opens up the negotiations w/ other dealers. I do happen to know that dealer in New Hampshire has an EXL-RES in MBP on the lot if they didn't sell it this weekend- it had my name on it until Friday- didn't really want RES if I could get one also $500 under w/o it in next few weeks- which I did. Private msg me if you want Info!
Good Luck!

#19 ·
Re: My Midnight Blue

CNYGuy said:
2004 EXL-RES, 600 miles so far, couldn't be happier. Road trip planned from Michigan to New York via Ontario. More pics when we get back...
Bee-you-tee-full. Love that color, more than the RedRock I test drove and the Silver I bought. :eek: :D

EDIT: I love the Graphite Pearl on the Accord, too!

#20 ·
Gotta say, that I, too love this color most. Even when I bought my silver back in January, I knew this color was first choice even if I was only imagining it. I'm envious, and happy for all of you MBP owners! Congrats on your gorgeous blue ladies :)

#21 ·
csmoore said:
Picked up our MBP on Friday. Unfortunately, it's been raining
all weekend, so no good pics! The blue is very dark and the dealer referred to it as almost "ink" color. He told us in error one day as he pointed to an accord that it was "that color" (Eternal Blue Pearl) which would have been nicer, as it is a little lighter. Blue still looks great as it glistens in the sun!

Carl
You should have told him how much you realy wanted "That color" and asked for a discount!

#22 ·
I know... salesman was sloppy on a few things he told us that weren't accurate. If there were more Pilots around (esp. MBP), then maybe could have been in a better position, but they didn't deal much, only on some accessories and warranty etc. The MBP is still a really nice color.

This forum has been a great resource. Nice to be able to go into the showroom and have more answers than most of these dealers who don't seem be that informed.

Carl

#23 ·
Re: My Midnight Blue

CNYGuy said:
2004 EXL-RES, 600 miles so far, couldn't be happier. Road trip planned from Michigan to New York via Ontario. More pics when we get back...
CNYGuy: MBP is the color we would've bought if they had offered it last year for the 2003 model... :bonk:

Thanks for posting your MBP and allowing me the opportunity to :drool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.