·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
confirming pressure switch part numbers vs. locatin

3rd clutch switch
28600-P7Z-013 / 28610-RKE-004

4th clutch switch
28600-P7W-013 / 28600-RKE-004 (some sites have 28600-RKE-004 fitting 04 pilot, others dont)

general recommendation is to use OEM only?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,184 Posts

Verify your part numbers against #12 and #13 on the diagram. Also order #17 for the pressure switches. I’m not sure which is 3rd and which is 4th.

Personally I shelled out the extra money for the OEM parts. Someone else on this forum rolled the dice with aftermarket parts and ended up wasting a bunch of time and money with the end result being OEM switches resolved the issue on his Pilot.

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
confirming pressure switch part numbers vs. locatin

3rd clutch switch
28600-P7Z-013 / 28610-RKE-004

4th clutch switch
28600-P7W-013 / 28600-RKE-004 (some sites have 28600-RKE-004 fitting 04 pilot, others dont)

general recommendation is to use OEM only?
If you go aftermarket, don't buy these online made by some unknown named company. You do get a measure of security buying aftermarket from your local AutoZone, Advanced, Oreilly's etc.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I've used the SINS brand (on amazon) of pressure switches and solenoids on Pilot and Ody. No complaints.
I only tried them because someone else did before me and had no problems.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I will only buy OEM. This isnt an expensive part, and critical to the operation of the transmission. No way I'd skimp or take a chance.

·
Registered
Honda Pilot 2005 : now 280K (bought at 250k, at 237k new engine swap with used one of 82k)
58 Posts
Can someone remind me why the 3rd and 4th pressure switches are the one to change... why not the 1st and 2nd too? (they are related to the 3rd and 4th gear I suppose ?)

·
Registered
Honda Pilot 2005 : now 280K (bought at 250k, at 237k new engine swap with used one of 82k)
58 Posts
I think I know those switches does not exist!

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,184 Posts
When folks have pulled the codes after a flashing D, the item specified to replace has been 3rd or 4th gear pressure switches and rarely the temperature sensor.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
But what about the first and second pressure switches, especially if those are the gears that are slipping or whatnot? I've wondered the same. How much harder / more expensive is it to just do 'em all? Certainly less than an entire transmission swap?

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot
31 Posts
I just replaced the 3rd and 4th gear switches on my 2005 Pilot. I wish everything was that easy.

Now, to install the block heater...

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,290 Posts
Now, to install the block heater...
Got the part yet?

I also found the installation instructions for 2003 and 2006, and I've attached them for you. They look pretty similar, but pick the version that suits you best.

Albeit on different model years, some members have installed the engine block heater alternatively by removing the bumper as in the instructions, or not.

Just wondering, where are you located that you feel you need one? I'm in Montreal, and though I've had one on past vehicles, I don't have one on my Pilot.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Honda Pilot
31 Posts
Yes, I already had the part. I live in SW Idaho and am used to having/using them on my diesel vehicles. One of these days, I'll get the shop built and will not have to worry about plugging in over night.

The drain bolt was an absolute PITA to get off. I didn't remove anything other than the plastic guard on the very bottom, underneath the radiator.

Thanks for the links and documents.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts