Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently replaced the bulb on the low beam for the right headlight. Three weeks later the low beam and high beam is not working on my right head light. The low beam and high beam are working on my left head light and the fuse appears to be fine. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
  1. Start easy and double check to make sure you installed the correct bulb for your model year.
  2. Switch the bulbs left and right. Make sure your connections are clean and tight.
  3. Recheck your fuses, not just by eye but with a multimeter.
  4. Use the document I've attached for you and test/swap the headlight relays. Replace if necessary.
  5. Come back to post how it went. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much. I will swap the bulbs and see if that solves the problem and if not I will replace the relays. I will re-post the results.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
You might consider replacing the other side’s bulb as these bulbs tend to fail around the same time as its counterpart. This assumes original bulbs or that replacements were installed at the same time.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,217 Posts
I don't replace them in pairs when just one fails because the cheap bastard in me wants to get every last lumen out of each bulb I paid for, to the bitter end.

I do buy them in pairs, though, and keep the second on hand for when the time comes.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
I thought I was frugal, but after seeing a few of your “cheap bastard” posts I’ll crown you the title.?

I do keep the old good bulb as a temporary spare, so only the failed bulb gets tossed out.

Reactions: plplplpl
1 - 7 of 7 Posts