Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can you please help me: I have a 2004 Honda pilot starting problems, battery is good I have some problems starting some times because of the trans shift cable but it start on neutral no other problems starting the car in the morning until. I drive the car for well and went shopping.When I try to start the car in the parking lot, the dash lights and gauges come on when I turn the key on but when I try to start they blink i heard a clicking noise then power when out, and it stay out I moved the shifter back and forth nothing I removed the key out put it back again nothing no lights it was totally dead.
About an hour later the lights turn on with key in the on position bad no slicking or starting so I had to two the car home. I try it again the next morning and it started like nothing is wrong, so that tells me it only happens when is hot, does anybody have an idea what the problem is ?
Thanks

·
Registered
258 Posts
The starter needs to be replaced if it doesn’t crank when hot. That is a failure mode of the starter motor. You can verify the vehicle battery is good visually by looking at the headlights to see if the stay bright while someone else tries to start the vehicle. A battery that is strong will maintain a relatively healthy voltage (not less than 11 to 12 volts) when cranking a good starter. When cranking a defective starter the battery voltage will not dip significantly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts