Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought my 04 pilot ex about 2 years ago and every since i bought it i has had a loud rapid thudding noise coming from the from end when going over bumps. It is more noticeable when going slower speeds but can definitly be heard while driving 70 but not as much because the roads are smoother!! help please>>

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Have you looked underneath or in the wheel well with the tires turned outward? The issue could range from the sway bar endlinks or sway bar bushings or worn front struts or the entire combo due to the age or mileage of the Pilot. If you are unable or don’t have the skill set to properly inspect either get someone knowledgeable and trustworthy to do so or take some good pics for internet diagnosis.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,177 Posts
i bought my 04 pilot ex about 2 years ago and every since i bought it i has had a loud rapid thudding noise coming from the from end when going over bumps. It is more noticeable when going slower speeds but can definitly be heard while driving 70 but not as much because the roads are smoother!! help please>>
Have you checked all the front end components?
Have you checked the subframe mounts?

2 years of this?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the fast reply! yes close to 2 years of this going on.it wasnt bad until recently. i know i waited along time to repair. i plan on pulling it on ramps tomorrow after work to inspect the front end components completly. could it be the rear motor mount possibly? i know i have a bad rear mount just not sure it would make that noise

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
Struts are usually the first to go bad, but a high milage 04 likely needs to have anything with rubber replaced, if nothing has ever been done. Ball joints, bushings, tie rod ends etc etc.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
i know i have a bad rear mount just not sure it would make that noise
If not,...

Front sway bar bushing, front sway bar bushings, front sway bar bushings.

Bets are open, gents.
Loser racks.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts