Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yet another question regarding I-VES install...

Does anyone know where to find 2004 diagrams for the center console? I am trying to install I-VES in my Ex-L and have a suspicion that there are two sized faceplates for the heated-seat switch unit--one for the RES and one for the non-RES. Thanks!

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Pilot4jen&mook: I have not found any 2004 Pilot diagrams yet -- all of my documentation (Parts List, Service Manual, etc...) are for the 2003 Pilots.

However, you are correct -- there are two different faceplates for the heated seat switches, depending on which model you choose. The one below, which has the RES, has a heated seat switch faceplate height of approximately 1.991 inches:

Attachments

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
And this next photo shows the heated seat switches in a non-RES Pilot and the height of the faceplate is roughly 2.393 inches:

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
What is I-VES?

·
Registered
194 Posts
I thought I-VES might have been for heated seats. Has anyone tried to install heated seat to an '03? Is it possible?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Brian said:
I thought I-VES might have been for heated seats. Has anyone tried to install heated seat to an '03? Is it possible?
Several people have, actually.

Here is a thread that discusses kemc's aftermarket heated seats...

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
How about factory heated seats?

·
Registered
11,113 Posts
kemosabe said:
Yes, jctatman has installed them...

P.S. I'm through answering these questions... You can do a "SEARCH" on this board just as well as I can!!! :4: :17: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Glad I looked again before posting. Otherwise, you'd see the photo in back to back posts. You're a step ahead of me kemo!:D

·
Registered
194 Posts
nice touch with the three exclamation points.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
jay said:
Glad I looked again before posting. Otherwise, you'd see the photo in back to back posts. You're a step ahead of me kemo!:D
Like you said earlier, jay, I'll be old in 10 years, also!!! ;)
Brian said:
nice touch with the three exclamation points.
I thought so, too!!! :2: :2: :2:

Had to make sure my point got through... :D

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks for the help, all! I'm amazed (or should I be?) that the 2004 diagrams aren't out yet, and that ALL the parts people I call can't help me out! Once again, HONDAPILOT.ORG comes through!

I'll really be in luck if I can get the part number for the smaller heated seat unit. Thanks again!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I wondered about this before actually sitting in a Pilot, and the above pics clarify it for me, but I still think it's strange that they would move the seat heater switches and "NOT AN ASHTRAY" up on non-RES models rather than just putting a DIN-sized pocket in place of the DVD player. I guess with everything moved up a bit there's more space in the deep pocket below the center stack?

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
RAdams said:
I wondered about this before actually sitting in a Pilot, and the above pics clarify it for me, but I still think it's strange that they would move the seat heater switches and "NOT AN ASHTRAY" up on non-RES models rather than just putting a DIN-sized pocket in place of the DVD player. I guess with everything moved up a bit there's more space in the deep pocket below the center stack?
And to add another twist to the heated seat switches, if you have a 2004 NAV, then this is what your "faceplate" will look like (photo courtesy of GregthePilotMan):

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts