Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2004 EX-L Auto Door Lock: Putting this out one last time... When I get in, close the door and start the car, then happen to get out and close the door, the doors lock; locking me out. There is no MENU on the instrument cluster, have tried the "Ignition On, Hold the Lock Button, Wait For Clicks, Turn Ignition Off".
Etc.....

Has anyone figured this out ?
Thx

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
Interesting. I can find no reference to the above feature in the 2006 owner's manual. Was it phased out at some point? Or has anybody tried it on a 2006-2008?

Closest I could find in the manual was this, which was perhaps implemented to preclude OP's problem.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, holding the LOCK button down on the driver door. Bought this new in 2004, pure stock, no aftermarket anything. 140,000 miles. Very frustrating.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,834 Posts
Are you sure it’s pure stock and doesn’t have the dealer installed alarm system? If you look under the steering column (where you left knee would be) it will look like a mess of wires and taps if you have an alarm system installed.

I would check the wiring harnesses/taps in that area and especially the ground connection to chassis from the alarm control module.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
2004 EX-L Auto Door Lock: Putting this out one last time... When I get in, close the door and start the car, then happen to get out and close the door, the doors lock; locking me out. There is no MENU on the instrument cluster, have tried the "Ignition On, Hold the Lock Button, Wait For Clicks, Turn Ignition Off".
Etc.....
My ‘04 auto locks only with the key out of the ignition but you can be screwed if you leave the key on the seat or console. This doesn’t answer your concern but I would keep a spare door key in my wallet until you figure out the issue.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
I say again, has anybody tried it on a 2006-2008?

Very curious, but mine isn't here to try at the moment.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Thanks for checking. I guess they did away with that feature with the 2006 refresh. No biggie, but it's just that I'm tired of repeating, "Wait until I put it in Park before you open the doors."

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L
314 Posts
Thanks for checking. I guess they did away with that feature with the 2006 refresh. No biggie, but it's just that I'm tired of repeating, "Wait until I put it in Park before you open the doors." View attachment 142407
🤣 Sounds like me telling my wife to wait that extra second in my 09 Fit for me to turn the ignition off and auto-unlocks all the doors. (It also only locks once I reach 9mph or something.) As for the 08 Pilot it has that feature as part of the aftermarket alarm that can lock/unlock the doors when shifting out of / into Park. The alarm even has a 30 second arm and/or auto-lock after the key is out of the ignition (which I've never been a fan of either really, but I guess useful if your airheaded and forget to lock your vehicle), and don't use.

If a true professional installed an alarm, the wiring will pretty much look like everything else under the dash. Trick is usually to check the around the fuse in the drivers door for "Vampire Taps" or the equivalent, that you can then trace to the brain and identify what brand/model it is to lookup the manual/settings programming, which is commonly a combination of turning the ignition key off/on several times in a predetermined about of time.

·
Registered
9,249 Posts
Good info. Just note that one of the most common causes of a parasitic draw on the battery is an aftermarket alarm system, along with the radio or an aftermarket remote starter.

Hope yours was a good quality unit installed by someone who knew what he was doing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts