Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I realize that Honda does not usually make many changes in the second year of production (maybe just a few additional accessories). But I really like some of the new colors I'm seeing on the new Accords. I especially like the graphite pearl!

Graphite pearl would look outstanding on the Pilot!!! (I can always hope ;) )

·
Registered
465 Posts
Is Graphite pearl the deep gray color? If it is, then that is the EXACT color I would choose for my next Pilot. I just love that color. It looks really good on the new 4 Runner too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
graphite vs sagebrush

when I looked at the 'build your own' on the web, the graphite looked very similar to sagebrush. anyone seen them both in real life? I would think they are similar in some lights but not others (i.e. the sage has the pinky-blue flecks, and i bet the graphite has another metallic flake color).

But I agree the graphite is sweet!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Accords are built at different plants... expect commonality of colors between MDX, Pilot, and Odyessey.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hop23 said:
Accords are built at different plants... expect commonality of colors between MDX, Pilot, and Odyessey.
True, but the Accord did share some colors (ie: Redrock) with the MDX, Pilot, and Odyessey prior to the new model coming out. So maybe there's hope :)

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
only additional color on the MDX is midnight blue....Pilot might get that....lets see

·
Registered
12 Posts
2004 Colors

I understand that the green was discontinued for 2004 and was made in very limited numbers in 2003. That is the color I really wanted, but could not find one anywhere.

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
Re: 2004 Colors

cweave02 said:
I understand that the green was discontinued for 2004 and was made in very limited numbers in 2003. That is the color I really wanted, but could not find one anywhere.
The Evergreen was nice - but you do have one of the BEST colors (IMNSHO)!!!!!!!!:2: :2:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Honda could save me some time and effort if they'd make
a rust-colored Pilot. Given the harsh winter conditions around
here almost every new vehicle looks like a piece of rusted out
crap within a few years.

With a rust colored Pilot, my neighbors and friends would stop
saying Oh, got a new vehicle, I see... well just wait a few years and it won't look so new!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Couple of questions for the insiders:

About when will Honda begin building 2004 models?

When will the 2004's go on sale?

For the "traditional American cars" (sorry) they start building the next year models in late July or August and reach the dealers in September. I don't know about Honda's though.

·
Registered
47 Posts
csimo said:
Couple of questions for the insiders:

About when will Honda begin building 2004 models?

When will the 2004's go on sale?

For the "traditional American cars" (sorry) they start building the next year models in late July or August and reach the dealers in September. I don't know about Honda's though.
Last week while I was out Pilot shopping, the dealer told me that the 2004's wouldn't be out until November. I have no clue whether this is true, or if he was just telling me that so I'd place my order now for a 2003 :confused:

·
Registered
1 Posts
A Honda dealer told me (yesterday) that if I ordered a Pilot this month it would be a 2003 model: ordering next month would result in it being a 2004 model delivered in September.

On rumours: he mentioned that Midnight Blue may be an option as well as heated seats.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I know this is off topic, but I'm really interested in upgrades to the NAV system for 2004. The one and only web site I can find about changes for the 2004 Pilot mentions color changes and "electronics" upgrades. I hope that means the NAV system. I'm unable to find anyone that knows much about the current system, much less any upcoming system.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Do a search on the acuramdx.org board for "Navi". You will find a wealth of information on the new navi. You could probably check one out in an MDX.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Bigrob, thanks for the reply. Yes I've read much of that information but the question is: Will the 2004 Pilot actually get the UPGRADED NAV system or will it be the same as the 2003 model???? That's the magic question! If anyone knows the answer I would greatly appreciate a hint.

Thanks!

·
Registered
180 Posts
yes, that is the $10M question. If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on yes. You must have found the same "College Hills" blurb on the 2004 changes that I did... who knows if they actually have any real insight or not.

you might go down the same path I did... and find yourself looking real hard at the MDX Touring with Navi. Pricey but addresses almost every single one of the "wish lists" items people express regarding the Pilot.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd love to have the MDX Touring, but there's no way I can afford it. The CarsDirect price on the MDX Touring is $44,000. The Pilot EX-L NAV is $31,880. I can't swing the extra $12,000 (everyone has to have a limit). If the 2004 Pilot has an upgraded NAV that will make me happy even if they raise the price some.

Thanks for your input! I appreciate it.

·
Registered
180 Posts
actually, that price quote on the MDX is way off. And I do think you have to compare apples to apples. MSRP on the Touring w/Navi, also called a "188", is $40,200. For the first time since its intro in 2001, the MDX is starting to have pockets of inventory, and folks have been negotiating some pretty good discounts (take a look at acuramdx.org and you'll see what I mean). $3,000 off is certainly possible in some areas of the country.

While the initial cost is higher, you may also want to consider that the NAVI is a better option on the MDX than on the Pilot as far as resale value goes, as many more MDX's are sold with Navi than are Pilots (Maybe that's a function of it being the 2nd gen Navi, but it's probably also indicative of the different demographic buying the MDX). If you run a "Total Cost of Ownership" model for 5 years on an EX-L Navi and a MDX Touring/Navi, the total difference is right at $4,000. Not trying to talk you out of the Pilot... just want to make sure you have all the right info.

I'm with you, it might be worth waiting to see if the '04 Pilot gets the 2nd gen Navi and hopefully VSA. It might also be a good idea to take a look at the MDX Touring with Navi, drive it, and consider that it could be a "preview of coming attractions".

·
Registered
465 Posts
you Photoshop gurus

How about one of you all coloring a Pilot with the deep grey color so I can see how it would look.

Thanks!:6:

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
Re: you Photoshop gurus

catbert said:
How about one of you all coloring a Pilot with the deep grey color so I can see how it would look.
Looks kinda blah to me...

Attachments

1 - 20 of 34 Posts