Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I asked a dealer over the internet about the rumored "electrical changes" in the 2004 model and this was the response I got:

The electrical changes will center around the navigation system. It will probably be the Accord voice command system.
I wonder if the 2003 system will be upgradable? My assumption is that it probably won't be, in which case I need to start thinking pretty hard about cancelling my order for one of the last 2003 models and putting a deposit down on a 2004.

Anyone have any thoughts or info on this?

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
158 Posts
I considered waiting for the 2004 Pilots, but after trying the voice activated nav in the Accord, I decided to get the 2003 Pilot with the non-voice controlled nav instead. The voice activation doesn't work too well (at least in the Accord I tried) and I think the software may be Windows based. That alone made me not want it. It's bad enough to deal with Windows on your computer. I'd rather not mess around with it while driving.

Glen

·
Registered
330 Posts
GlenH said:
...and I think the software may be Windows based. That alone made me not want it. It's bad enough to deal with Windows on your computer. I'd rather not mess around with it while driving.

Glen
LOL! How do you do a ctrl-alt-del on a touchscreen display? Will we still get blue screens of death?:8:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Nav DVD Location?

Does anyone know where the DVD unit for the navigation system is located? I just read in another forum that the Nav DVD unit is under the passenger seat.

If that's the case, where would a CD changer be installed in a Pilot with Navi!?!!!

ammdaddy

·
Registered
7 Posts
I tried the Navi in the Accord that was voice activated too, and I too had a hard time trying to get it to work. It work sometimes and sometimes it would give you something else you asked for. Personally, I would rather not have the voice activation. Besides, the Nav system is SOOOOOOOOO easy to use. Oh, and the nav system tray for the nav dvd is under the passengers seat, as for a cd changer I don't know where that would go if you had both.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Re: Nav DVD Location?

ammdaddy said:
Does anyone know where the DVD unit for the navigation system is located? I just read in another forum that the Nav DVD unit is under the passenger seat.

If that's the case, where would a CD changer be installed in a Pilot with Navi!?!!!

ammdaddy
Yes. The DVD navigation unit is under the passengers seat. If you wanted to add a CD changer, there is enough room under the driver's seat to mount a 6 disc changer. Alternatively, the glove box is really big and you can mount the changer there as well.

Glen

·
Registered
118 Posts
acheslow said:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The electrical changes will center around the navigation system. It will probably be the Accord voice command system.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do the 2004 Pilot Nav now have voice command or is it still like the 2003? Just curious since I haven't experienced the voice Navi from the Accords yet.

Thx!

·
Registered
50 Posts
No voice command.

·
Registered
118 Posts
GregthePilotMan said:
No voice command.
Thanks for the confirmation. Hopefully, it has or will have the updated mapping database discussed in this forum that is supposed to come out in Nov:4:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts