Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have to imagine there are a lot of posts on this issue but I did a search and doesn't seem the search engine is picking anything up. My first question is in regard to what is "normal" for current draw on the battery when the car has essentially gone to sleep. I have had issues with my battery and replaced it with a new one. I keep checking the voltage overnight and it seemed to drop by .05-.1 volts each night. Starting at a fully charged 12.9 or so volts would get me down to the 12.4-12.5 v range in a few days. I started doing a current draw test and it seems the draw is about .15 amps when everything is off on the car. I am not sure if this is normal or not. When I pull the 40 amp "Back-up ACC" fuse the current draw drops to about .05 so that at least is the biggest draw. Before I really start digging in I wanted to see if this is actually a problem or not.

Thank you.

Dale

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Getting 12.4 to 12.5V after a few days is pretty good and she should start right up. Are you experiencing any start issues currently? I have a volt meter in my Pilot and it reads 13.8 to 14V when driving and drops to about the same range (12.4 to 12.5V) when parked. Leave the head lights on or high powered radio and it will dip to high 10s to 11.5 easily. Might want to get your alternator and battery charging system checked out. Auto parts stores like Advance or Autozone can check it for free.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,166 Posts
150mA is not very significant current draw. It’s the equivalent of having a 2w light bulb connected to your Pilot’s battery. I wouldn’t worry about it.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I would think it should be around 50mA. 150 seems a little high but not crazy high. It takes a while for a car to go to sleep. I usually wait about 10 minutes after taking out the key and closing the door. Do you wait a while before taking your measurement?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts