Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.

My Pilot has 128k and appears to run fine except for a mostly consistent vibration at 65-80 mph. The tires have been balanced and the alignment has been performed within the last year. in the last 16 months, have replaced drivers side axle, front strut/sway bar links/bushings, and front rotors/brakes.

The alignment guy said I may have a broken motor mount but wasn't sure as some Honda's have torque steer. However, videos I watched said broken motor mounts result in engine bay noises and I am not getting that. Also, the passenger side front axle doesn't make a clicking sound when turning so I am assuming it is ok but Iam not sure. Any ideas on what to look for? Thanks.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put on lower control arms at beginning of year. Tires are 17 months old and I had them check to rule that out. The car does not pull to either side if you take hands off wheel briefly. They said two were out of balance but nothing major. My car never vibrated at all until the last year. It rides great around town.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you both for your replies and the other thread link. Is it safe to assume that it is not a tranny issue since it shifts fine? Can a motor mount not make noises when shifting into reverse and drive and only show up at highway speeds? Would a cv axle only have issues at highway speeds?

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I read somewhere else that alignment or bad motor mounts would not cause high speed vibration but tires or a bad axle could. I will check the axles and then try to exchange tires if axles are good.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I found a cracked passenger-side cv boot and replaced the axle. Took a short test drive and it seemed better but I need to get it realigned and take a longer drive to know for sure.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts