Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Can someone please link me a cheap universal flex pipe to replace on my 03 pilot. The flex pipe is literally hanging on for dear life and I would like to have the part in hand to get the best price for an exhaust shop to weld it in. Or someone please educate me on the size. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
The flex section on the Pilot can be cut off then replaced and welded on if the shop is willing to do a good job. The local meineke shop (never again) did a half-ass job welding what they could reach and putty the rest. The right way is to drop the front pipe. The OEM front pipe with flex for your Pilot has been discontinued. Rock Auto carries Walker so that is an aftermarket choice. Probably not as good as OEM but I had zero issue removing the front pipe to replace the half-ass work. I used stainless bolts to make removal the next time even easier. I’ve since bought my own welder to complete the repair and possibly make my own custom exhaust one day.
2D538106-BD32-4530-B88B-96A3059A10FE.jpeg

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,046 Posts
Walker is a really well known brand and one of the few that produces after market California approved Catalytic converters.

You definitely need the flex joint, So I'm wondering if you can get something used off www.car-part.com that works for you

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,063 Posts
Hi,

Can someone please link me a cheap universal flex pipe to replace on my 03 pilot. The flex pipe is literally hanging on for dear life and I would like to have the part in hand to get the best price for an exhaust shop to weld it in. Or someone please educate me on the size. Thanks!
But how does it sound? LOL

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
guys, this is kind of funny, but I looked underneath my car today and lol

so looks like its more than the flex pipe LOL. what do I need to buy, looks like a simple instaall now since it will be a part of the exhaust.

I also believe I drove like this for 80 miles. Whats another 40 going to hurt?

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
guys, this is kind of funny, but I looked underneath my car today and lol
View attachment 146038

so looks like its more than the flex pipe LOL. what do I need to buy, looks like a simple instaall now since it will be a part of the exhaust.

I also believe I drove like this for 80 miles. Whats another 40 going to hurt?
Maybe someone "borrowed" your CAT or the flex pipe rotted away completely and took the rest of the exhaust with it. Can you hear me now? The exhaust tone would be very loud.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
I suspect...

cat burglars.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts