Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am changing the timing belt and I noticed the crankshaft pulley key will not go in far enough to be flush with the end of the crankshaft which will cause the pulley not to be seated with end of the crankshaft. What am I doing wrong? One side of the key is tapered and possibly I have it turned wrong, but I have been unsuccessful in my attempts to get it to be flush.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Take some pics. It has to go so you're doing something wrong. I never did timing belt on that year, but did 2010 Ridgeline, I'm sure it's similar although I didn't take the key out.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
The angle faces towards the engine and touches the crank. It is there to account for the slight angle cut in the crank due to the use of tooling to machine the crank

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I thought that the angle was to allow to put the pulley on easily and it should be on the outside towards the pulley. My key had angles on both ends of one side.
At least that is how I found mine installed and re-assembled it that way. It was flush for me.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I thought that the angle was to allow to put the pulley on easily and it should be on the outside towards the pulley. My key had angles on both ends of one side.
At least that is how I found mine installed and re-assembled it that way. It was flush for me.
See that's how I did mine also i just repeated the same way it came out..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts