2,129 Posts
Correct. Just pure V6 VTEC.
I thought the Vtec was much later?

The true VTEC, Not the VCM, began on the 2nd gens 2009+

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
The door lock actuators would not likely be the cause of the dash lights you're seeing.

Unless you have and know how to use a scan tool like a Foxwell NT-630 that can read Honda-specific codes, or know someone who does, I think the time may have come for a trip to your dealership. Just make sure your budget is prepared for the shock it may receive.
Thanks . I have a neighbor who runs a garage . I’m going to have to have him put it on his machine regarding the VTM light on constantly .
I think it is the actuators re:the front doors not working

thank you

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,692 Posts
Thanks . I have a neighbor who runs a garage . I’m going to have to have him put it on his machine regarding the VTM light on constantly .
I think it is the actuators re:the front doors not working

thank you
How about the "electronic" door lock switch on the inside of the passenger door? Does it work?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
How about the "electronic" door lock switch on the inside of the passenger door? Does it work?
The inside door lock button/switch when pushed only locks the back doors and hatch . The only way my front doors would lock as if I push down on the security lock and close the door . But, then I cannot get into the car with my key . My key that came with the car goes in the outside door all the way , but never had turned to unlock the doors . That includes both front doors !

thank you

·
Registered
9,692 Posts
I was asking about the lock electronic lock button on the inside of the passenger door, just near the inside handle. Does that work?

If the physical key in your driver's door fails to turn in the driver's side door, that may (or may not) be another issue. Start by spraying silicone spray lubricant in there, although some recommend graphite powder, or at least WD-40. Wait a few moments and gently try your key again. you may need to repeat this procedure several times, maybe even the next day.

If all of this fails, it's most likely door lock actuators, if you've checked for broken or frayed wiring leading to the doors when they're opened. Plus perhaps the door lock cylinder. If you're taking it to someone, mention all these possibilities.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I was asking about the lock electronic lock button on the inside of the passenger door, just near the inside handle. Does that work?

If the physical key in your driver's door fails to turn in the driver's side door, that may (or may not) be another issue. Start by spraying silicone spray lubricant in there, although some recommend graphite powder, or at least WD-40. Wait a few moments and gently try your key again. you may need to repeat this procedure several times, maybe even the next day.

If all of this fails, it's most likely door lock actuators, if you've checked for broken or frayed wiring leading to the doors when they're opened. Plus perhaps the door lock cylinder. If you're taking it to someone, mention all these possibilities.
The electronic lock inside the door only locks and unlocks back doors and hatch only .
I’ll try your w40 idea tomorrow.
Thanks

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,020 Posts
Whatever lubricant you decide to use, make sure one of its properties is a dirt repellent, otherwise you’ll end up with a gooey mess inside the lock cylinder. According to the locksmith I went to to get a new key cut graphite powder/lube is also one to avoid since the graphite acts like sandpaper. The lubricant I have been using around the house/cars is Tri-Flo Superior and I have been happy with the results.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Whatever lubricant you decide to use, make sure one of its properties is a dirt repellent, otherwise you’ll end up with a gooey mess inside the lock cylinder. According to the locksmith I went to to get a new key cut graphite powder/lube is also one to avoid since the graphite acts like sandpaper. The lubricant I have been using around the house/cars is Tri-Flo Superior and I have been happy with the results.
Never heard of that . I hope they carry that in my area . I sprayed w40 in the door ignition ate last night . I’ll check this am if it did anything .
Thank you

·
Registered
9,692 Posts
Regular WD-40 or Silicone Lubricant WD-40? The latter is preferable and available pretty much anywhere.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts