Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just about 200k on my original transmission. It has the 0740 code (or whatever the torque converter one was) and I thought I needed a new tranny. I ended up changing the fluid twice and cleaned out the little screens (which were plugged) and it seemed to have fixed it. I have been driving it around as my daily get around town car and it seems to either work great 90% of the time and then it started kicking me with a hard shift code. My question is, how do i know when the tranny is just not worth tryibg to save. i feel like the shift solenoids need to be replaced and I could keep it going. How do I know if they are bad or should I just give up hope and replace the tranny. The car runs perfect and I'm having a hard time letting it go haha. Thanks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should mention I have been driving it about two years since the first problem happened. It doesn't seem to me that the tranny is dead as it functions fine 90% of the time but that %10 worries me.

·
Registered
5,649 Posts
At 200k miles and the symptoms you,re describing, I'd give changing out the shift solenoids (pressure switches) a shot. Get OEM.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts