Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, I have a 2003 honda pilot ex, my power drivers seat has an issue that occured today., all the functions of the seat work fine except it will not move forward or back....anything I should check before buying a new switch panel?......thanks in advance for any input

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
First thing to check is that nothing is stuck in the tracks underneath the seat. Look carefully with a good light.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Next, check fuse number 4, 20 A, Driver’s Power Seat Sliding, Interior Passenger's side fuse box. At least that's where it is on a 2006. Don't just rely on a visual inspection; check with a multimeter (or swap a known good 20 A fuse).

Attachments

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,043 Posts
Check for loose connections or other wire anomalies under the seat. There is also the possibility the switch is good but the motor died. If you have a multimeter you can verify the switch panel operates as expected.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Do the motors make noise?
If the fuse is good, you can simply check with a multimeter if you are getting 12V at the switch, the switch has conductivity, and that you have ground. If that checks OK, check 12V and ground at the motor and the conductivity of the motor itself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just want to say thank you, it was that 20 amp fuse that was bad..... maybe you could give me some insight on why I get an intermittent vtm4 light, the vehicle has around 143,000 miles

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Just want to say thank you, it was that 20 amp fuse that was bad..... maybe you could give me some insight on why I get an intermittent vtm4 light, the vehicle has around 143,000 miles
Glad the fuse solved it for you.

For the VTM light, when was the last time the VTM-4 fluid was changed?

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Then when in doubt, and there's room for a good quantity of it in this case, change the fluid. This is a fluid that should be OEM Honda VTM-4 fluid only.

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Next to change the timing belt.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts
Yup, at 143,000 miles from a used car lot, assume all maintenance items need to be done.

I've attached what the 2006 Maintenance Minder Codes correspond to, to give you an idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,043 Posts
I would change the VTM fluid as others have mentioned, then clear the diagnostic codes. For the VTM it might take a reader capable of deciphering Honda codes to clear it. Then wait and see if the code returns after some miles are put on the Pilot.
Since your Pilot is a 2003 check the maintenance schedule. At this point I would assume no service was performed unless you have a record of it.

·
Registered
6,199 Posts

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts