Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

2003 Pilot Long time listener, first time caller

735 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  xGS 
#1 ·
I must say i am happy to have found a forum of people who share the same appreciation for these SUVs as I do. I bought my 2003 with 113k miles almost a year ago from a Honda dealer and have loved it ever since. I got a Honda for the same reason most people do; reliability. Being a low-er mileage Pilot compared to most on here, what are the key areas i need to keep an eye on. The carfax was fantastic, did every flush and transmission twice. Belts are pretty new, and no major leaks besides CV boots leaking a bit. I have also seen the D light on the shifter blink a few times, but goes away once you turn the car on and off. I have never had any trouble with gears slipping or shifting abnormally. Should i be concerned? I want to keep my pilot as long as possible, which seeing posts here, makes me hopeful. Thanks for any tips!

#2 ·
Welcome @abadcatman ...check out the Piloteer exclusive thread to help keep your Pilot rolling along. The leaky CV boots will eventually need to be addressed. The flashing D may be indicative of a pressure switch or solenoid. The average DIY scanner won't be able to pinpoint which one may be causing the issue.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Welcome to the forum. As mentioned above, the first gen's buyers' guide is a great list of things to check on your Pilot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.