Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Pilot that has a good battery but no power to anything. I am parked under a carport and I can't raise my hood far enough to use the hood support. Since I have no power I cannot release my gearshift lever out of park to roll it back far enough to raise the hood all the way. If I use the manual gearshift release to get it out of park and move the car will I be able to put the car back in to park?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,850 Posts
Try this to release the shift lock, Then you'll be able to put it in neutral and push it back to a better, more accessible position.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
I have a 2003 Pilot that has a good battery but no power to anything. I am parked under a carport and I can't raise my hood far enough to use the hood support. Since I have no power I cannot release my gearshift lever out of park to roll it back far enough to raise the hood all the way. If I use the manual gearshift release to get it out of park and move the car will I be able to put the car back in to park?
Know anyone with a lithium portable power bank? I picked one up to prep for any no-starts this winter and it worked like a champ to start my lawn tractor with a dead battery.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,193 Posts
Try this to release the shift lock, Then you'll be able to put it in neutral and push it back to a better, more accessible position.
Great instructions- thanks for the link.
I had to do this on an Old Explorer I had a year ago.

You can use anything small and think, like a slender screwdriver also IIEC, not just a key. Use could use any key actually too, right?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,850 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.