Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 Honda Pilot, I just recently replaced the ignition switch and lock, and the immobilizer, I took it to the dealership to program it.
When I got it back, all the needles are not working (which includes; speedometer, rpm, gas, and transmission temp) and the digital odometer is not displaying anything. The idiot light stay on which includes; the check engine light, SRS, ABS and the VTM-4 light comes on after driving it, also the VTM-4 button doesn't work.
I checked all the fuses and all check out fine, I took out the instrument cluster to check the connections, pulled the three plugs out and clicked it back on, nothing changed. Could it be the ECU? Or who knows what it could be?

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,834 Posts
When you checked the fuses did you just eye them? Or did you take them out and measure them with an ohm meter? The eyeball method can miss hairline cracks on the fuse.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Also when you checked the fuses did you look in all the boxes/panels? I think there are four total (two in engine bay, two in the cabin).

·
Registered
3,834 Posts

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
Available near you. :)

Oh man, @road2cycle beat me to it while I was typing and even got a much better deal. Go with his suggestion. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have a 2003 Honda Pilot, I just recently replaced the ignition switch and lock, and the immobilizer, I took it to the dealership to program it.
When I got it back, all the needles are not working (which includes; speedometer, rpm, gas, and transmission temp) and the digital odometer is not displaying anything. The idiot light stay on which includes; the check engine light, SRS, ABS and the VTM-4 light comes on after driving it, also the VTM-4 button doesn't work.
I checked all the fuses and all check out fine, I took out the instrument cluster to check the connections, pulled the three plugs out and clicked it back on, nothing changed. Could it be the ECU? Or who knows what it could be?
Also when you checked the fuses did you look in all the boxes/panels? I think there are four total (two in engine bay, two in the cabin).
I have only found three boxes/panels, 2 in the hood and one under he driver side.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,249 Posts
Look up from your wife's right foot. I mean where it would be if she were sitting in the passenger seat. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts