Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, New to the site. I am looking for the factory ride height for the 2003 Pilot. Hoping someone here have the detail and can share. Original rear coil springs sagged and cause tire wear problems. Replaced with aftermarket Moog 81649 and now it is so much taller than the front. Front suspension also replaced with Autozone loaded struts and spring. Front mid-wheel hub to fender lip measured 18.5” and rear is 20”. From what I can find on the internet, the measurement variance between the wheel heights should be about 0.5”-0.75”. Can anyone here validate and what should be the factory installed height?

Thanks

·
Registered
244 Posts
My 03 has 1AAuto replacement struts up front and original springs in back. The front and back measurements are both about 18 3/4". I think the new front struts made it a little higher in the front compared to my originals.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the confirm Gordo.

May I ask you another question about your power steering reservoir? When your car is running, do you see the power steering fluid churning like a violent whirlpool? I never realized it until I had to replace my high pressure hose. After everything were reinstalled, my power steering pump began to whine under high rpm (this is while car was parked). I thought the power steering pump was bad and replaced it 3x (lifetime from Autozone) before I saw the fluid in the reservoir was churning violently each time I rev’ed the engine. I also replaced all the tubing and hoses on the power steering system, except for the rack and pinion. To mitigate the issue (for now) I topped off the reservoir a little bit above the max fill line. When the engine has cooled or cold, the churning is calm. Once engine is warmed up, the churning becomes violent. I’ve replaced the suction o-ring as some forum posters have pointed out air could be getting into the system. I don’t have foaming or bubbles and does not spill out of the cap. I’ve checked all connection clamps are tight. Bled the system multiple times by raising the front and using a vacuum pump. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts