Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there - my mother in law has a 2003 pilot that she complains about feeling like there is uneven support on the driver's seat cushion. I have looked around at several sites to see if I could buy a replacement bottom seat foam, but the only things I can find are well used, saggy looking seat bottoms on ebay for over $200, or new from Honda for $360. She doesn't even need a new cover, just the foam insert portion. Does anyone know if there are any aftermarket companies that would make a replacement cushion for this vehicle? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
Welcome @pklain ...Doubtful there are aftermarket foam options for your specific seat. One choice might be a custom aftermarket leather seat cover that goes over your original seat that you might be able to add either more dense foam or some additional supporting material. Another choice have an upholstery shop specializing in refurbishing your seat with additional dense foam/support. Finally if you're handy perhaps a newer year Pilot from the pick+pull might be modified to work.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome @pklain ...Doubtful there are aftermarket foam options for your specific seat. One choice might be a custom aftermarket leather seat cover that goes over your original seat that you might be able to add either more dense foam or some additional supporting material. Another choice have an upholstery shop specializing in refurbishing your seat with additional dense foam/support. Finally if you're handy perhaps a newer year Pilot from the pick+pull might be modified to work.
Thanks for the reply - would you know what years' seats would be compatible with the 2003 pilot? I believe 2003-2008 are interchangeable, but are newer years ok also?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
By handy I'm referring to an ability and desire to make modifications to a part in order to fit and work. Ymmv

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
By handy I'm referring to an ability and desire to make modifications to a part in order to fit and work. Ymmv
Yes, in keeping my family's fleet of vehicles running, I definitely have the ability and desire to work on, modify, etc parts and vehicles. In my experience with several other cars and forums like this, it seems like 'somebody' has run into every issue that I can think of and has posted their fix or findings with it. I was just hoping that instead of just trying it out blindly, there would be someone that has done this before and either has a close match or some relevant warnings about what they ran into through the job.
I do appreciate your comments and insights, and thanks again

·
Registered
11,434 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts