Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was installing a rear camera and accidentally shorted out the two leads to the backup light with my vom. Now my windows no longer work and my instrument cluster does not either. I think I've read just about everything on the subject in your blogs. Per those blogs I've tested all the fuses mentioned in the driver side fuse block passenger side fuse block and engine fuse block. All to no avail. There's got to be one common Vector causing this problem but I'm at a loss to discover it. Help

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
Have you come across this recent thread? Remember to check your fuses with a multimeter, as hairline fractures can't always be eyeballed. Or swap in a known good one of equivalent value.

Maybe start with the #13, 7.5A in the passenger side kick panel fuse box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I did check it. In addition to checking fuse 13 in the engine compartment fuse number 9 on the driver side + 10 on the passenger side. Checked with my vom and found continuity and all fuses.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,174 Posts
Just to verify, are you pulling the fuse out and then measuring for continuity?

What wires did you short?

Did you remove anything that you modified, to get back to the starting point where you started from?

And welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am removing the fuses and checking them with my meter. The two leads in the plug to the light were shorted by my probe. That's when they problem began. And thank you for the welcome. I've followed the forum for 5 years since I bought the car. Looking at 193000 Miles right now but this thing has been a tank.

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
Other possibilities could be:
1) Fuse 13 passenger under dash box.
2) Reverse relay located in driver under dash box. Rear side of box.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fuse 13 is good. However getting access to the relays is problematic as the emergency brake is in the way. Do you have a good way to access that relay?

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
I have never had the need to get to the rear side of that fuse/relay panel. I imagine it must be screwed in, so if you can remove the screws you might be able to move the box around enough to access the relay. You’ll definitely want to disconnect battery negative before doing this. Wait five minutes if any of the harnesses are wrapped in yellow tape (those are part of the SRS system and you don’t want to risk an inadvertent airbag deployment).

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
If engaging or releasing the emergency brake isn't enough to gain access, perhaps removing the plastic panel like the guys do in these videos might help. They're for an Accord and an Odyssey respectively, but the basic approach should be fairly similar for your Pilot.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts