Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,199 Posts
kemosabe said:
The owner's manual for the 2003 Pilot has been successfully scanned in and uploaded here: 2003 Honda Pilot Owner's Manual

ENJOY!!! :)
OK, now I understand why I had 423 NEW POSTS since about 2 a.m. much earlier today!

YOU have been a busy beaver, my friend! What a great service you've provided to everyone out here in honda-pilot.org cyberspace!
Honda ought to send you a plaque for meritorious service for providing something they probably should have, but haven't......
:18:

·
Registered
429 Posts
How many had you already scanned? Because from 1st post to last post was only 3 hours!!!:eek: Thats a lot of scanning to do in 3 hours!!!:eek: Have you nothing better to do?:2: Just kidding thanks for all the work! :1:
Its to bad honda doesn't have it in pdf format that could be posted would be easier to search.

Matt:)

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ziploc: Out of your 423 new posts, only about 23 were actually "new" since the other 400 were the owner's manual pages... :eek: I'm afraid there's no way to avoid the initial shock of seeing so many new posts! I was shooting for the weekend since, relatively speaking, weekends are quieter on the boards!

m-mmeyer: The uploading of the individual pages (one by one) took most of Sunday morning... the actual scanning of all the pages took about 7 hours from Saturday into Sunday... :24: Yes, unfortunately, there is no search feature, but the index is available, too, and the pages are in order so hopefully, finding something on a certain page shouldn't be too much of a hassle...

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
OMG, KEMOSABE, You Are Truly Amazing!!

Thanks for your tireless and dedicated effort you put in doing this for us. This is awesome. Now, no more having to scurry out to my car to look something up.

YOU DA MAN!!:6: :6:

·
Premium Member
6,729 Posts
kemosabe said:
The owner's manual for the 2003 Pilot has been successfully scanned in and uploaded here: 2003 Honda Pilot Owner's Manual

ENJOY!!! :)
Outstanding effort Kemo!!!! :18:

Maybe we can convince Admin to place a permanent link to it on the home page?!?! (HINT HINT)

Well done!!!:7:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
RipRocK: Thanks, you ricer, you...!!! ;) ;) If I can save you just one trip back out to your car, then it was well worth it!!! :D

colorider: Thanks, old-timer!!! That's a nice idea about adding a sticky to that thread and actually "closing" it, too!!! :4: :17: :)

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
W:eek:W!

I made this one a "sticky" so it'll always be at the top of the Annoucements forum. Anything more requires skills beyond my button-pushing ability (aka Daniel/admin).

I can do the same to the other (along w/closing it to keep it "clean"). But first, let me know which forum you want the manual itself to be in -- it's in the DC Metro Area forum right now.

Nice work, kemosabe. BTW, your preface gives me a chuckle:

:awais: I am about to embark on an extremely ambitious attempt to upload all 391 pages! :awais:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
So how many times can I say it in one week?
You ARE... DA MAN! :6:

·
Registered
7,953 Posts
wow wow wow.....:6: :6: :6: :6: :6: :6:

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
TheWorm said:
W:eek:W!

I made this one a "sticky" so it'll always be at the top of the Annoucements forum. Anything more requires skills beyond my button-pushing ability (aka Daniel/admin).

I can do the same to the other (along w/closing it to keep it "clean"). But first, let me know which forum you want the manual itself to be in -- it's in the DC Metro Area forum right now.

Nice work, kemosabe. BTW, your preface gives me a chuckle:

Thanks much, TheWorm!!! I really appreciate the Moderator's support of the herculean effort (with a 2-week old baby sleeping peacefully next to me -- I think the sound of the scanner was soothing to him). If you can, please "close" the owner's manual thread to keep it "clean" as you suggested! I can't think of a good forum to put it in -- the best one that fits is "General Discussion". Do you have the "power" to create another forum subject? :confused:

·
Registered
429 Posts
It really belongs in the "knowledge base" doesn't it?
:confused:

Matt

·
Registered
166 Posts
Can you make a .ZIP or something. At least I could download
all the pictures at once instead of one at a time.

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
gksmith said:
Can you make a .ZIP or something. At least I could download
all the pictures at once instead of one at a time.
As a matter of fact, I do have it all ZIP'ed up... do you have a place for me to FTP it to? I can't attach files via the e-mail option here on honda-pilot.org.....

Hmmm... on second thought, I just realized that this site allows ZIP files to be uploaded! But do I really wanna do that? Even compressed, it's over 18MB!!! :eek: (It might bring this server to a screaching halt...)

·
Admin Du Jour ®
989 Posts
Answering/addressing a bunch of ?'s at once...

I'll close the other thread to keep it clean and intact. I'll find an appropriate home for it :D

While you can upload ZIPs, the filesize limit still applies. Can't remember whether it's 100k or 200k, but in any case it sure ain't 18Mb!

The kbase is for "problems" and associated resolutions (as opposed to the Problems forum, which serves those purposes in addition to discussion but doesn't allow the "counting" that the kbase has.)

·
Registered
449 Posts
TheWorm said:
How bout as a STICKY in either General Discussions or in Maintenance?
I say Maintenance

·
Registered
9,190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
TheWorm said:
OK, it's a closed sticky over in Maintenance based on the unanimous vote. :D
Thanks for the assistance, TheWorm!!! I would've voted by it was waaaaaaay past my bedtime... :p Are you sure the vote was unanimous? Did Sage or florida_guy or FLPilot confirm the recount...??? :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts