Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My daughter has a 2003 that keeps blowing the #6 15 amp fuse. She said it blows it every time she puts it in reverse. Any ideas where I should start looking to help narrow the search would be appropriated.

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
When the fuse is blown what device or accessory no longer operates? Sounds like thIs fuse has been replaced a few times instead of searching for a short or bad wire or defective components etc.

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
3,834 Posts
If the fuse which is opening causes the reverse lights to no longer work I would start with checking both reverse light sockets and the wiring around them.
If that’s not it then let us know if you have a multimeter as you’re likely going to need one to perform further debugging.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
Pulled this one from the memory bank. This post was for the rear turn signal lights, but I’d venture that the reverse lights are in that same wire harness.

Reactions: plplplpl

·
Registered
14 Posts
I’m still confused on what #6 fuse is. Fuse identification shows either ECU/cruise, DRL, and not used depending on which fuse panel it’s in. The tail lights and reverse lights are on a different fuse.

·
Registered
3,834 Posts
What happens when the fuse blows (i.e. what circuits no longer work)?
Any recent water damage?
Any recent visits from the neighborhood rodents?
Aftermarket or dealer “installed” alarm system?

The more specific you can provide the better chances someone on this forum will be able to point you towards the next relevant troubleshooting step.

Reactions: Kemph

·
Registered
21 Posts
Does it have an aftermarket head unit and reverse camera? Aftermarket reverse cameras often tap into the reverse lighting in order to signal the after market head units to display the reverse camera image.

·
Registered
136 Posts
My daughter has a 2003 that keeps blowing the #6 15 amp fuse. She said it blows it every time she puts it in reverse. Any ideas where I should start looking to help narrow the search would be appropriated.
When she puts it in reverse, the #6 fuse blows? Do you know what is on the circuit? Looking at the diagram the #9 fuse is the one that supplies power to the reverse lights , there is a relay in the driver under dash fuse box , it goes through the gauge assembly and through the transmission range switch , so if the #6 fuse is popping see whats on that circuit .

I'll look to see what is on that fuses circuit ...

·
Registered
136 Posts
Fuse #6 is F1 ECU- cruise control and it lists these components on that fuses circuit ...Alternator, Cruise control main switch, Cruise control actuator, ELD unit, EVAP bypass solenoid valve, EVAP canister purge valve, EVAP canister vent shut valve, Gauge assembly, PCM, Primary HO2S, Radiator fan control module, Secondary HO2S, VTM-4 control unit, VTM 4 relay .

If it pops this fuse does the car shut off when it pops?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts