Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our 2003 Honda Pilot ran perfectly for 14 years up to 101,000 miles. My wife then experienced two stalls within two months before she gave up and purchased a new CRV. The stalls scared her which is understandable. I did not even try to convince her the car can be fixed once she lost confidence in the car. When the stalls occurred she lost all power, power steering, electrical and had no control of the car. We had the dealer replace the Idle control valve as others have recommended. We also had them replace the key switch. I then drove the car for two years and experienced two stalls in the two years at low driving speeds. Each time the car started after about 15 minutes. Back to the dealer we went. They had no solutions for us. Around that time I also realized the car was getting harder to start occasionally. I took the car back to our Honda dealer. They said the battery needed to be replaced but could not assure us of no additional stalls or that the car would start consistently. I then had a few times where the car would not start but started after 20 minutes. This time I went to a local mechanic that works on many types of cars. They recommended a main relay replacement (sometimes called a main ignition relay). That fixed the issue. In fact we put the old main relay back into the car and saw that it would not start then put in the new relay. We did this a few times to verify the new relay was the solution. The pilot is now running great.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Glad you found the issue and it was resolved welcome to the forums btw !

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,947 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Nice first post. I’ll store that one in my memory bank.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts