Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2003 honda pilot .. it has no check engine light but the car sounds rough when its idling an it sound like a. Mis firing
It has 205550 miles .... I wanna change the spark plugg or change the egr valve but idk cause it has no Check engine light ... any idea

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
At that mileage several things you mentioned are good items to start the inspection i.e. EGR regardless of it’s the culprit. Inspect the air intake, wires, valve clearance etc. To keep the Pilot going don’t forget the known fail points like radiator and various fluid replacement.

·
Registered
9,519 Posts
Cracked air intake tube is very common. It happens when replacing air filter.
If the EGR has never been replaced, it wouldn't be a bad idea.
A vehicle this age can develop vacuum leaks. You might consider replacing all rubber tubes and hoses.
PCV
With the engine running, carefully pull each coil off the spark plug to see if it effects the idle of the engine. If you pull one and there is no change, then you have a dead cylinder. Could be a bad coil, spark plug or injector.

Reactions: plplplpl and aggrex

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,303 Posts
don’t forget the known fail points like radiator

various fluid replacement

Cracked air intake tube is very common. It happens when replacing air filter.
Yes, I would also say to start by looking at the air intake tube, where there might be a crack on the underside near the left hose clamp.

radiator recommendations 04 pilot

It can sometimes happen when people bend the old air intake hose a little much. :)

https://d2n97g4vasjwsk.cloudfront.net/2006 Honda Pilot EX 3.5L V6/Air Filter Engine - Part 1 - 480p.mp4

Agree with considering the PVC valve as well. How long has it been? Just be very, very careful when you do. :)

Broken PCV Valve Stuck in Engine FIX

1 - 4 of 4 Posts