Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
03 pilot ,both low beams not working,fuses good, swapped trelays , do i need a new steering column switch? wud this still b under recall at this age, looking on ebay at switches 60 bock cdn ,junk? or get at dealer thoughts thanks!!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Turn the switch on and check for current at the fuse using a test light. If there's no current then it could be the switch

·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
2,931 Posts
There was a recall for the headlight harness for some of the earlier first generation Pilots. Has that recall already been performed on your Pilot?

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
And I’m guessing that you already looked at the bulbs and verified the filaments are intact. Otherwise I would check that as well.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont remember hearing about that recall calling tomorrow and yeah i bought two new bulbs how hard is it to tear that steering wheel apart to change that switch out, hopefully the wiring harness is ok,(its gotta b)saw the switches on ebay for 60 bucks cdn

·
Registered
2,931 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so heres what happened, took to dealer hoping it was a recall,49 cdn dollars to diagnose , and another 380 parts and labour to fix, i guess its a module that connects to the to the head light switch c/w wiring,im just going to let them fix it,in case any issues happen later, ill have a warranty, had to order the part ,it was 70 ,what was weird,was the parts counter showed me the instructions,about 4 pages,but wouldnt let me have a copy of the instructions,i could post a part number after work gets done if any interest thanks again for all replys!!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an '05 Pilot EXL that kills the low beam every 1.5 - 2.5 months. I replaced the sockets on both sides, but it's still doing it. only one side goes out at a time. Passenger side this month. it'll most likely be the driver side next time. The passenger side headlight housing gets condensation in it but the driver side doesn't and it happens on both. Should I replace the housing first or is that not a factor at all?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
wreckers for housings and while ur there get a headlight switch c/w wiring harness too,

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
so.. here is the PN 35012-S5A-307 to repair the low beams not working ,did it my self ,very easy,u will need a pin to pull the wires out of the old connecter, make sure u get the instructions too, After work was completed low beams worked,but only had drivers side( DRL) on when headlight sw was off, so i googled the DRL relay repair,another very easy repair,just warmed up the bad looking solder joints on board,(with a 25watt iron) and all good now!! im wondering if that DRL relay caused some of the issues with the low beams over time,that DRL was buzzing for years

1 - 11 of 11 Posts