Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/reviews/healey/2003-01-23-gm-suvs_x.htm

Heres the part i like:
It's worth remembering that the GM SUVs have been recalled frequently. Ford's been taking it in the chops for various recalls, but the '02 TrailBlazer has been recalled six times for safety problems, one of which also affects the '03. The Envoy, seven times, according National Highway Traffic Safety Administration records. Explorer in the same period — two times.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Glad I Went With PILOT

The Envoy was on my short-list when it came to getting rid of my piece of crap Ford Eddie Bauer Expedition that required $33,000 worth of warranty repairs and I was able to get rid of thanks to a successful lemon law suit against Ford. (sorry for the ranting diversion).

The Envoy (at the time) was only available in 5-passenger form and I liked it a lot - especially the In-Line 6. But, I wanted the third row option and when I saw the "stretched" version of the Envoy, I thought that General Motors took a good looking truck and ruined it by making the Envoy look so much longer that it might snap in the middle.

Plus, I've really given up hope on American manufacturers. I read a lot of industry trades and spend a lot of time checking out cars (I'm a self-confessed car nut) - and when you read what appears to be the endless amount of recalls on American cars, it has to make you question the quality. Plus, the way Ford Customer Service handled (or didn't in this case) my problems with the Expedition - I will never give Ford another damn dime of my money.

HONDA - "treat me well and you've got me for life!"

PILOTinginCO
Sagebrush Pearl-EX
Parker, CO

·
Registered
276 Posts
I tried the TrailBlazer and the Envoy before buying the Pilot. Every time I see one of those it always reminds me how glad I am to have the Pilot.

I was halfway considering an Envoy....it was nicer inside than the TB. But in all reality, it's just a dressed up TB.....and that is faint praise indeed. Not to mention build quality is horrible.

I bet there are more than a few owners out there saying "why didn't I buy the Pilot??" ;)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Before I knew there was a Pilot, we were shopping for a SUV for my wife. I was almost pre-sold on an Envoy - looks, price (OK), hp, reviews, etc. Then I drove 1 & was underwhelmed - not much punch of the bottom (really revs out nicely, though!), body roll, felt like a tall van. Prior to the Envoy, we tried a Durango, just for the heck of it, preparing to be underwhelmed (old tech [leaf springs], etc), but was way impressed with it - V8 punch right off the bottom, V8 roar (can't be beat IMO), ride, handling, no body roll, etc. So, we bought a 2002 w/ 10,000 miles on it, for way under new. Overall very impressed with it. I know it's not a Honda & I was well aware of reliability & fuel mileage concerns going in. I like it a lot anyway. But my criteria are different so I'm buying a Honda. So, that's a long version of a short story to say that I really didn't care for the Envoy.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Re: Glad I Went With PILOT

PILOTinginCO said:
But, I wanted the third row option and when I saw the "stretched" version of the Envoy, I thought that General Motors took a good looking truck and ruined it by making the Envoy look so much longer that it might snap in the middle.
I thought GM ruined a good looking truck with the stretch version too. Then I saw the TV commercial w/ all those folks getting out of the truck and the hotel bell boy about to shut the door because he didn't know more folks were still inside and thought - this is a clown truck and the manufacture is even telling you so with their commercial!

·
Registered
991 Posts
I really do hate bashing other companies, but I also have a GM, and really, there junk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts