Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Honda Pilot EX-L
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All windows in my Pilot go up and down perfectly except the front passenger. I can hear click when I push either button but no movement. I am guessing it's the Regulator or motor but wanted some expert opinion before I took the door apart.

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
All windows in my Pilot go up and down perfectly except the front passenger. I can hear click when I push either button but no movement. I am guessing it's the Regulator or motor but wanted some expert opinion before I took the door apart.
Is the click you hear the mechanics of the switch or a sound that there is power. These switches are known to fail. Check fuses.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Pilot EX-L
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a click in that door like the motor is trying to work but nothing happens. I believe the switches are just fine.

·
Registered
11,381 Posts
It's a click in that door like the motor is trying to work but nothing happens. I believe the switches are just fine.
Then likely the regulator/motor. Has it been slow going up and down lately? A little silicone lubricant in the channel if you can get it free.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,236 Posts
Yes, hopefully there isn't something jammed in there, in which case you'd most likely have to remove the inner panel to access the inside of your door but be spared the hassle of replacing the actual window actuator since it seems to still be alive. But first try silicone spray lubricant in the window channels on either side.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,321 Posts
In the short term, have someone ready to push the window closed when you press the button.
Long term, new regulator. One of those jobs I hate most and willingly pay someone to do.

·
Registered
2003 Honda Pilot EX-L
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looks like I am taking the door apart this weekend and seeing what is going on in there. The window is in the up position and since I live in AZ it's closed most of the time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts