Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up this passenger seat for $40 at the local scrap yard, still looking for a drivers side. Also picked up a rear bumper for $26.

For driver side seats - I have leather heated, powered seat - any idea what years are plug and play?

Attachments

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,571 Posts
I’d assume 2003-2005 are compatible and 2006-2008 are compatible.
Be careful due to the airbags. They’ll bolt up just fine

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I’d assume 2003-2005 are compatible and 2006-2008 are compatible.
Be careful due to the airbags. They’ll bolt up just fine
just to confirm - do you think the 2006-8 will fit in 03-5?

probably the easiest thing it to remove a later one and see if if fits in an earlier one at the yard.

·
Registered
2008 Honda Pilot EX-L 2013 Honda Pilot EX-L
1,571 Posts
just to confirm - do you think the 2006-8 will fit in 03-5?

probably the easiest thing it to remove a later one and see if if fits in an earlier one at the yard.
I think it’ll bolt in correctly, but the electrical and airbag connectors might be different. Given the fact that airbags are involved, I wouldn’t mess with it. Best to be on the side of caution.

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,238 Posts
I know it's conventional wisdom at least to disconnect the negative battery terminal a good ten minutes before messing with anything potentially airbag related, and I would certainly heed that advice, but I have yet to come across any case of an airbag going off unintentionally in such a situation, at least not on this forum. Is it because Piloteers are exceptionally smart, exceptionally cautious or exceptionally lucky? Has anyone ever come across a case?

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know it's conventional wisdom at least to disconnect the negative battery terminal a good ten minutes before messing with anything potentially airbag related, and I would certainly heed that advice, but I have yet to come across any case of an airbag going off unintentionally in such a situation, at least not on this forum. Is it because Piloteers are exceptionally smart, exceptionally cautious or exceptionally lucky? Has anyone ever come across a case?
definitely will have battery disconnected before swapping seats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts