·
Registered
Banned from wife’s 2005 Pilot LX
4,360 Posts
The ‘07s and ‘08s are feeling left out.😁

Reactions: Bogan and The Todd

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
10,850 Posts
Define "upgrade."

·
Registered
10,850 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
The only interesting non-maintenance related things I've done:
  • Realized I could permanently attach my roof rack to the roof rails, and remove the entire damn thing with only 4 screws and 5 min.
  • Installed an auxiliary deep-cycle battery in the back. It's wired to the alternator, through a manual on/off switch, 100amp fuse, to the positive post on the normal battery. Sooooo nice to go camping and power everything I need, plus the ability to back up the starting battery, should I drain that one.
  • Bought the best snow tires I could find: Blizzak dmv2. It's impossible to get the wheels to slip for more than a half second, and the wear is no worse than any other tire I've used. Also got Michelin LTX Defenders for the 4-5 months that I'm not running the snow tires.
  • Hitch, tow strap, and farm jack. I've pulled tons of folks out of ditches and over hills, changed flats in 15 min., etc.
  • Installed ATF cooler.

What I want to do:

So nothing sexy - but the Pilot's always been 100% utility for me. The AWD system is awesome, its got decent torque and hp, higher towing capacity than similar year Tacomas, and I can enable cruise at 85mph no problem. It doesn't need much else, and unfortunately, there's not many options.

--Chris N.

·
Registered
2008 Piot SE FWD, 2015 Pilot LX 4WD. 2005 GSX-R1000
2,193 Posts
:oops:

·
Registered
10,850 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.