Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

121 - 128 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
I showed up for my appointment yesterday to get the passenger side inflator installed and was told that they didn't have the part in stock. I specifically asked the person I spoke to last week if they had the part and they said they did. The part is now ordered, but I had to waste my time yesterday morning and I'm not supposed to drive around with anyone in the passenger seat until it is replaced. :mad:

·
Registered
47 Posts
We received the same passenger side airbag recall on our 2005 Pilot a little over a week ago. Called the dealer and they said they would call when the part came in. The dealer called on Friday and set up our appointment for yesterday, August 2. It took all of a half-hour, which included a hand-wash and dry.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
134 Posts
I showed up for my appointment yesterday to get the passenger side inflator installed and was told that they didn't have the part in stock. I specifically asked the person I spoke to last week if they had the part and they said they did. The part is now ordered, but I had to waste my time yesterday morning and I'm not supposed to drive around with anyone in the passenger seat until it is replaced. :mad:
Ugh. I was finally to get this done today, 11 weeks after my first appointment. The dealer was supposed to call me when the part came in, but I got frustrated and called them last week and the part was magically in stock. This is the 5th recall on my 2004 Pilot and hopefully the last. :eek:

·
Registered
2 Posts
According to Honda, there are two different brands of air bag that were used in the 2003-2008 Honda Pilot, passenger side, and is why all vehicles are not affected by the recall. The 26 May 2016 NHTSA letter about Honda 2003-2008 Takata passenger airbag recalls is misleading because it appears that certain 2005-2008 Pilots in certain states (i.e., Idaho) are not included in the recall, when in fact some are. Best thing to do is check your VIN at the Honda website and if still in doubt, call Honda America and discuss your specific vehicle with them concerning the passenger side airbag. Just for clarification, I'm only referring to the passenger side, not the drivers side which was recalled at an earlier time (2014 I think).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Brake lamp light turns on and off

I have an 08 pilot and I have an issue with the brake lamp light on my dash that keeps turning on and off throughout my drive. I'm suppose to have it inspected this month does anyone know why this is happening.

·
Registered
7 Posts
The Honda dealer I used for my passenger airbag recall was terrible. They took forever and left me with a mess. The new airbag on my 2005 is sticky to the touch. I have tried lots things to try to get it cleaned but no luck. Has anyone else had this problem or have an idea what to clean it with?

121 - 128 of 128 Posts