Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

81 - 100 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Have an 05 I am buying with the open recall. Seems I can't have it until is complete. Anyone have any idea on wait time for the parts? Dealer couldn't say. "Maybe a week, maybe weeks" I'm buying it from a GMC dealer, wonder if he is getting the shaft from the Honda dealer..

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Nissan is having problems also.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
They have issued that recall on mine here in Newfoundland, but the dealership says there is "no fix for it yet." Pretty lame if you ask me...
When I search Honda's US site by year and model, of course the recall shows up for my 2006 EX-L, but when I search Honda's Canadian site, which is searchable only by VIN, no recall shows up. I can't imagine they would have a different airbag provider (Takata?) for US and Canadian models, of course, so Honda Canada is indeed lame and appears to be playing catch-up ball, if at all. ¿Que pasa?

·
Registered
644 Posts
Just took my 06 pilot and they are telling that they had to order and it will be mid May to end of June that it will be in..
Yep, that is about right. Most of us have seen about 3 months for it to come in.

·
Registered
2,571 Posts
I was told the same thing and they did it last week, earlier than expected.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
15,157 Posts
In the early years of Pilot production Honda used two factories building Pilots. One in Canada the other in Alabama.
So different parts suppliers isn't that surprising.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
In the early years of Pilot production Honda used two factories building Pilots. One in Canada the other in Alabama.
So different parts suppliers isn't that surprising.
Good point. Mine is a 2006, so in all likelihood it was built at the Alliston, Ontario plant.

That being said, however, what are the chances that they used a different airbag supplier from Takata?

Edit: A quick google reveals that Canadian Pilots also used the infamous Takata airbags, and that a recall has been issued. So why doesn't my 2006 VIN pop on Honda Canada's site?

Honda Vin Recalls

·
Registered
808 Posts
Just got the safety recall notice from Honda. Called the local dealer, and they're going to order the part and get back to me when they're ready. Hopefully it doesn't take too long.

·
Registered
2,112 Posts

·
Registered
2,571 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,157 Posts
I think you'll have to ask Honda Canada and Honda's version of NHTSA for the answer to that question.
My 05 was Canadian built and has had the airbag replaced.

·
Registered
350 Posts
My guess is they are prioritizing recalls. The incidents, demand for inflators and their greatest liability is in warm humid climates.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Airbag Recall Done at Boch Honda West in Westford MA

Took my '06 in for all-wheel alignment this morning (after replacing the struts myself). Casually asked about the airbag recall. I've received NO notification from Honda to date. Honestly did not think they had stock. Surprise, surprise. They did! According to the SA, the replacement is made by Autoliv. Both airbag and alignment were completed in quick order. I arrived at the dealer's at 8am and was home by 10am. No shenanigans encountered so far. Boch Honda West appears to be a good place to bring your car for service. It was not mobbed like other dealerships in the Greater Boston area. Maybe I was just lucky... The SA did try to upsell me on $750 worth of additional work (valve adjustment, spark plug replacement) which I politely declined.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Interesting. I got a decent oil change coupon from the local Honda dealer where I bought my 04 EX and made an appointment to have it done on Saturday morning. I received a confirmation email from them containing the text "Pilot Driver's Airbag CUSTOMER REQUESTS LUBE OIL AND FILTER SERVICE". I've never been contacted by Honda about the recall, but I was going to ask about it when I went in since the recall had been expanded to apparently include my Pilot.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Dang... I forgot all about this. It has been 3 months to the day the dealer said he ordered parts. I have yet to hear a word from them. :rolleyes: Going to have to call them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Glad I saw this thread again for a reminder..

Just called.

"Oh yeah, the parts are in... No one called you?" :headshak:

At least they can get us in tomorrow morning and be done with it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I went in for an oil change this morning and they ordered a driver's airbag inflator (part# 15-040) for my 2004 EX. The service advisor said it takes about 45 minutes to install.

They also tried to get me to do a bunch of stuff at the 105k interval that had already been done by my independent mechanic. I probably could have dropped $2k there today if I did everything they recommended (timing belt/water pump, new plugs, valve adjustment, and rear shocks). I did watch them get a woman to pay $90 to have her cabin and air filters changed though. :(

81 - 100 of 128 Posts