Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 128 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heard it on the news last night and here is the Washington Post article about the recall Airbag defect spurs recall of 4.7 million vehicles - The Washington Post

To check for specific VIN, go here

The NHTSA "urged people whose cars are equipped with them to take action immediately." However, vehicle manufacturers and airbag maker Takata appeared (or claimed) to be in short supply of the replacement air bags

·
Registered
172 Posts
Airbag recall?

Just saw a special report on CNN talking about exploding airbags affecting almost all the major car companies including Honda. They didn't specify the models / years. There is a website where you can check (I missed it) but according to CNN it crashed due to high traffic. Any info available?

·
Registered
142 Posts
I use the Honda owners online page for safety updates. Here is a link where you can just punch in your VIN and get any info on recalls.

LINK

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
I had a notice about wanting to check the airbag for a possible loose rivet. That was a while ago though, over a year at this point. This was my early-production 2013 if that helps. Don't know if this is related to the CNN featured failure.

·
Registered
55 Posts
So is it all 2003 - 2007 Pilots or just the ones in these areas? I'm in NC and the heat and humidity can get pretty bad here also!

The message comes with urgency, especially for owners of vehicles affected by the regional recalls in the following areas: Florida, Puerto Rico, Guam, Saipan, American Samoa, Virgin Islands and Hawaii.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just saw this message on the NHTSA web site.

"NHTSA is experiencing intermittent network issues that are making some functions on SaferCar.gov temporarily unavailable. These include our recall search by the VIN look-up tool, searching for complaints and recalls, and filing a complaint. We apologize for the inconvenience and encourage you to try back later."

CBS news just said 7 million Hondas are involved. Don't know if
I trust the statement that there's more of a potential problem in warmer / humid areas.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
I know this just came out, but does anyone know how this works? Honda going to replace airbags or some modification?

edit. Looks like the recall for my Pilot says they will replace the two front airbag inflators. Anyone know if the inflator is separate or part of the airbag?

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
I know this just came out, but does anyone know how this works? Honda going to replace airbags or some modification?

edit. Looks like the recall for my Pilot says they will replace the two front airbag inflators. Anyone know if the inflator is separate or part of the airbag?
Best thing to do is to call your local Honda dealer to see how they are handling this.

·
Registered
22 Posts
We own a 2003 Pilot & are on the list. One dealership claimed it is the passenger side airbag that is affected. They punched in my VIN number & it showed this recall. They do not have the parts & said they will call when they arrive. I also went on Honda’s Website to punch in my VIN & the recall did not appear so I called Honda Motor Co. to confirm & the agent said my Pilot is affected. At that point I called a closer dealership to see how they are handling this problem. The service rep asked if I received a letter, I told him I called Honda Motor Co. and I am on the list. He claimed most of the cars affected are in Southern states & to wait for my letter with any updates to come in the mail. Over the last 11 years of owning our Pilot, it has been in plenty of humid conditions here in New England. I am totally not comfortable with this recall action & want this problem fixed immediately.

1 - 20 of 128 Posts