Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2001 Accord with the 6-disc indash factory unit, looks like double DIN. I'm going to do a whole aftermarket install in the Accord and I'm wondering if the head unit from the Accord will fit in the Pilot (non-nav/non-res). Anyone know?

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
This may help

Here are the wiring schematics for the EX-L RES Head Unit. The only difference in wiring bewteen the RES & the NAV is that the NAV uses A11, A12 & A14 where they are not used with the RES, and the B-connector and most of the C-connector are used exclusively for the RES. I believe that the EX-L Head Unit would resemble the NAVI & the RES, but would only use the A-connector & C11/C22 pins.

Hope these help.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good info! SteveLuman,

Is the schematics from the Helms Elec. troubleshooting manual? I was debating whether to spend the $50 for it and the $70 for the Service manual.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Guys. As my User ID says, IwannaPilot. but we're close. The swap out in the accord is going to happen soon and I thought I could do this. I'll keep you posted.

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
IwannaPilot

The only thing that I would really check out is if the Accord Head Unit has a separate plug for the subwoofer. The Pilot EX-L Head Unit's subwoofer connection is on the C-plug and not the main 20-pin A-plug.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts