Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went to First Team Honda in Suffolk yesterday. I was greeted as I got out of my 2013 Pilot by a gentleman who immediately asked me for my contact info and email and the like. I declined to provide them and said we were just talking at this point. I asked several times for him to explain the differences in technology between my 2013 and the 2019. He opened one Pilot and let me look inside but did not start it and without that, was unable to demonstrate the technology. I tried again and he told me there were videos online that showed how all those things work. You can bet there was a lively discussion on Facebook later on about how terrible that experience was.

Today I went to Priority Honda in Chesapeake. I was again greeted as I stepped out of my car, this time by a younger guy who took me around, showed me the Passport, Pilot and Odyssey. (I wasn't sure which I was going to upgrade to.) We had an extensive discussion on trim models, and while I was disappointed that I had to get the Elite trim (most expensive) in order to get ventilated seats, and that it didn't come with bench 2nd row seats, so be it. He was really helpful with understanding the differences between the Passport and Pilot. (I discounted the Odyssey pretty quickly). I set out to compare pricing between the Passport and Pilot with the options and upgrades I wanted. I was leaning towards the Passport due to the $5k difference in price, but sad to lose that 2nd moonroof, and Doug, the manager, walked over and offered me the Pilot Elite for the same price as the Passport. I negotiated up my trade in, and left with a new car. I did purchase a couple of options that we will need to install next week. Joey the sales guy was great to deal with. Robin, the finance guy was a hoot and made it almost fun. The girl who sells the undercoating and paint protection ( I did not catch her name) was considerate of my time and not too pushy. Demonstrate the technology. Its what made the sale today.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! A good salesman can really make the experience great. I tend to know more than the salesman do about the vehicle when we go to buy it (my wife calls it a disease, I say passion) so I hate when salesman make up something just to have an answer.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts