Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Craftman 2 1/2 tons Jack, I try to change a tire using this jack an I went all the way up and the pilot tire still touching the ground so I placed a stund (2" x 4") on top and hardly lift the tire only 5mm of the ground.

Any body try to change a tire with the Pilot regular jack.

·
Registered
385 Posts
no problems here with a 2ton. I don't believe the weight capacity of the jack has anything to do with it. What's pertinent in this case is the jack's length of travel (min to max height). Alot of economical jacks out there now are designed for SUV's, thus lifting higher.
If you're using the jack point on side of vehicle, you may want to invest in one of these http://www.jcwhitney.com/product.jhtml?CATID=4856&BQ=jcw2

·
Registered
7 Posts
Check out Craftsman Pro Model 950143, Sport Utility Vehicle Jack, 3 ton capacity with a lift range from 6" to 21", which has an additional 2" lift.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Regular Jack

I have changed 3 flat tires in 1 year using the regular jack and have found it very easy to use.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Wow ... lucky me, I haven't had a flat tire since I got the Pilot a year ago. Just how "easy" it is to take out the spare anyway. I mean it looks to me you have to "crawl" in under the vehicle. Is that so? I'd hate to have a flat on the way to work ... :D

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
bkwon said:
Wow ... lucky me, I haven't had a flat tire since I got the Pilot a year ago. Just how "easy" it is to take out the spare anyway. I mean it looks to me you have to "crawl" in under the vehicle. Is that so? I'd hate to have a flat on the way to work ... :D
Lower the tire till it is on the ground and the cable has lots of slack.
Pull the Pilot forward 2 feet.
:2: :2:
Try not to drag the tire :eek:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts