Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting close to 7.5k and called the dealer to schedule my first service visit. Perhaps I didn't hear this correctly but I believe she said it would be $90. From what I can see in the owner's manual all that is required is an oil change and tire rotation. This sounds excessive or am I missing something here?

·
Registered
920 Posts
WVPilot1 said:
I am getting close to 7.5k and called the dealer to schedule my first service visit. Perhaps I didn't hear this correctly but I believe she said it would be $90. From what I can see in the owner's manual all that is required is an oil change and tire rotation. This sounds excessive or am I missing something here?
No, you're not missing anything...$90 for an oil change, rotation, and some mouse milk??? That sounds more than reasonable...

Are you kidding me??? Most people do rotations for free and oil changes are $23 at the most. I would go somewhere else-

Anyway, how does your factory oil look after 7500 miles???

·
Registered
307 Posts
isnt 7500 when the vtm fluid is changed?

not sure about this one....

·
Registered
920 Posts
whitepilot said:
isnt 7500 when the vtm fluid is changed?

not sure about this one....
15k is the first VTM fluid change-

·
Registered
307 Posts
I just looked it up (for severe condition maintainence), at 7500 they change the rear differential fluid for break in of vtm, It is not changed for the normal schedule......and ownerlink STILL doesnt show a recall for my pilot:confused:

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Alway ask what will be done when given a price.
Any other discussion is all about guessing.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
To answer the question re the factory oil....it looks a bit dark at this point and I am sitting at approx 6500 mi. I am taking it in Friday to have some initial problems taken care of (fabric on ceiling, etc.) that I never made time to deal with and intend to ask them what is planned for the 7.5k visit.

·
Registered
920 Posts
What is wrong with the fabric on the ceiling???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The fabric is detached from the roof several inches and has been so since I picked it up. There were some earlier threads about this on the "initial problems" forum as mine is not the only one with this defect.

·
Registered
226 Posts
$90 for oil change?

Do they put golden nuggets in their oil?
Holy cow, I'd call around other dealers, or DIY. You don't even need to jack this car up... Many dealers will even wash the car for you.
Are they going to void the warranty if we DIY the oil change?
questions, questions, questions....

·
Registered
121 Posts
I don't think so, you should be able to get work done where ever you like. Just make sure you follow the schedule.

·
Registered
173 Posts
bgeraldo said:
I don't think so, you should be able to get work done where ever you like. Just make sure you follow the schedule.

... and keep the documentation (just in case you need it later)!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
1st service visit details

I found out what they want to do for $90.....oil change, tire rotation and brake "adjustment". The owner's manual says nothing about the latter. It does call for a brake "inspection" on the 15K visit. I know they charge < $20 for an oil change, so it looks like I will need to spoonfeed this dealer to get only what I want/need.

·
Registered
212 Posts
My 1st 6,000 km maintenance

It is Cad$29+15% tax, Type 1 oil change, with tire pressure checked.

All the noise complicants, scratches, and mis-alignment interior trim pieces (selectively which trim they wanted to fix, of course the rear A/C vents, all back ordered from Japan) nothing could be done.

Just drove it home. Leave it or take it. No design error on Honda's part !

·
Registered
148 Posts
Honda 7500 mile service

I know a service writer at a Honda dealership. He said they all sit around and laugh at what a ripoff the 7500 mile check up is. Oil change is about all it's worth.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Check Around

Here in Atlanta there are some independent Honda/ Acura shops that do scheduled maintenance not to mention Valvoline Instant Oil Change ( http://www.vioc.com/ ) - they even give you a card to log on the internet to keep your maintenance records. I'm not a huge fan of Jiffy Lube but when I lived in DC I used Goodyear Tire and Auto because the did free rotations on Goodyear Tires.

Dealers are typically the most expensive for this type of maintenance.

I'd say grab the yellow pages

·
Registered
226 Posts
Costco Tires

I do my own oil change, and this one is going to be a breeze, I wouldn't even have to jack the car up, I can drive a truck through the room under there.
I buy the tires from Costco, they have one of the best return and warranty policy and the balance and rotation is always free. And the price is one of the lowest. The don't do alignment, thought.

·
Registered
31 Posts
1st service estimate $125

I called the dealer in Poughkeepsie, NY, and they want $125 for the 1st service. Sounds like they are the most expensive yet. I'll be scratching them off my list.

·
Registered
15,140 Posts
Again

Ask them exacly what it covers and what each costs.
You will not know if you are being ripped off till you know what you are getting.

OK, at $125, you might assume you are getting ripped off. Fair enough.
But for the $25 to $90 dealers; ask!

·
Registered
31 Posts
1st service cost

I assume it will cover whatever the factory suggests: oil and filter change, tire rotation, check the fluids, brakes etc....

1 - 20 of 66 Posts