Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had mine since 9/27, but never took the family out on the road til 12/21.

Here are some things to report:
#1!!! The RES is great. Never got one "Dad, how much further til we get there"? Never had to reprimand the kids for misbehaving. They never even realized we reached our destination after 3 1/2 hours! Gamecube for a while then a DVD!

#2 Drive train is so great. When you punch it, it accelerates so smooth and quick. Even at 65mph, there is plenty of "suds" for passing. Love that special VTEC reaction!

#3. Tracks great on the interstate. Wind affects it. Not as bad as my minivan, but as expected it blows it around more than a car.

#4 Road noise/wind noise is a tad high unless I have a tail wind and driving on a smooth road.

#5 The Audio...althought I think it is respectable at low speed, is overcome by road/wind noise, thus you have to crank it up a bit.

#6. The cargo cover is a pain. Seat belts rub it and rattle. Guess having 3 rows of seats and a cargo cover are mutually exclusive enemies unless the cargo cover is in the storage compartment.

#7 My elderly mom is sure glad it has running boards.

#8. Mileage was 18.6 and 19.9 with 85% highway.

#9 Overall a very satisfactory family road vehicle...better than a minivan. (I have a Sienna as well)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Great report.. How did you find the steering wheel felt when driving at higher speeds? I find it had lots of road feel to it. Any comments.

thanks
rob

·
Registered
71 Posts
Road Trippin', Too

Took my first road trip over Christmas. Notes:

1) generally, smooth and comfortable. Seats the best I have ever had for comfort, even with the "sag".

2)some wind noise, but less than my Nissan van had. Good pep when you push the pedal.

3)in cruise, lots of shifting on hills, but that is typical of my other cars in cruise, too. The only way I can avoid that is to go manual, slow some on the hill, and let it go faster downhill.

4)mileage about 22mph, all highway 75-80 mph.

5)my intown mileage about 16.

Overall, the best road cruiser I have owned. Pleased.

EJ

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Road feel

gopilot said:
Great report.. How did you find the steering wheel felt when driving at higher speeds? I find it had lots of road feel to it. Any comments.

thanks
rob
I felt no problem with steering. Felt decent. Not as good as my Maxima, but much better than the Sienna (Mushy). What I expected...better than a minivan, but not as good as a modern sports sedan.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Very honest report...

You have a very honest report on your point 4 and 5.

#4 Road noise/wind noise is a tad high unless I have a tail wind and driving on a smooth road.

#5 The Audio...althought I think it is respectable at low speed, is overcome by road/wind noise, thus you have to crank it up a bit.

It is because some members descript the Pilot as VERY quite, I can only agree when you drive on VERY smooth road, not too much of those in Toronto.

·
Registered
465 Posts
Re: Very honest report...

PChiu said:
It is because some members descript the Pilot as VERY quite, I can only agree when you drive on VERY smooth road, not too much of those in Toronto.
I have mentioned the Pilot as being very quiet, but I meant when you start it up. It idles very quitely. I sometimes have to look at the RPMs to see if it started.

But I do agree that it could have been insulated better. Wind and road noise are more pronounced than I would like. But all in all, I couldn't be happier with my purchase!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts