Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was a piece of cake in a 2015 Pilot with 4WD. The advice on here and a good YouTube video helped a ton. I used a Slippery Pete fluid pump from Amazon and it was about 30 pumps to get almost exactly 0.5 quarts in the case. I let the bottle sit in a bucket of hot water for a little bit first since its cool out today and maybe that helped it pump easier. less than 15 minutes from start to finish including clean up. Tomorrow I change the rear differential. I'd do it today except the pump for a gallon bottle hasn't arrived yet.

I was going to clean my MAF sensor but when I looked at it things looked as clean as new so I decided not to touch it.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Nice job!

Do a drain and fill on the transmission and you'll be in great shape!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job!

Do a drain and fill on the transmission and you'll be in great shape!
Did that earlier this week, I'm working in my driveway when its warm and dry but by the end of the week I'll be set. I'm also working on my daughters 2000 Lexus. The more cars I take care of the more I see value in just having one brand and learning it well.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Did that earlier this week, I'm working in my driveway when its warm and dry but by the end of the week I'll be set. I'm also working on my daughters 2000 Lexus. The more cars I take care of the more I see value in just having one brand and learning it well.
Nice!

I can respect and understand that... but on most vehicles the process is exactly the same for rear diffs, transfer cases and transmissions. Some transmissions have a pan you have to drop instead of just a drain plug. Some don't have fill plugs so you have to use the dipstick tube, etc.

In the past year I've worked on a '61 Impala, '08 Sonata, '14 Traverse, '15 Wrangler, '10 Yukon XL Denali and '14 Traverse. Not much difference between them outside of using the right fluids and getting the right filters and crush washers.

·
Registered
552 Posts
The more cars I take care of the more I see value in just having one brand and learning it well.
I'm convinced it's more important to find a good forum, than a good car.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice!

I can respect and understand that... but on most vehicles the process is exactly the same for rear diffs, transfer cases and transmissions. Some transmissions have a pan you have to drop instead of just a drain plug. Some don't have fill plugs so you have to use the dipstick tube, etc.

In the past year I've worked on a '61 Impala, '08 Sonata, '14 Traverse, '15 Wrangler, '10 Yukon XL Denali and '14 Traverse. Not much difference between them outside of using the right fluids and getting the right filters and crush washers.
Hers has a hesitation at speed,hence my interest in MAF sensors. I've changed out ignition coils and a VVT valve to get rid of a rough idle but now I'm working on the hesitation. The mechanic I use when I can't do it myself told me after repairs like these that the computer needs to be reset and relearn the car. That is new knowledge to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts