Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My wife and I have a 2006 EX-L with 190K Miles on it.

I was hoping to get some input on what intervals we should be changing our oil at going forward (We follow honda recommended interval) and what oil you high mileage folks are running successfully. We currently have 5W20 Synthetic

I am coming from VW TDI world and want to make sure I've got the right stuff running.

Thanks for your input.

·
Administrator
2016 CRV Touring AWD, 2005 Pilot RIP.
16,042 Posts
Keep doing what you are doing with oil and service intervals

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Yup... stick with a quality synthetic and be vigilant of the oil level to catch any leaking or burning before it has a chance to cause any damage. I personally use M1 in my vehicles and switch to M1 High Mileage around 100k miles because it's got a great additive package based on reviews on BITOG.

Reactions: briantii

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
My wife and I have a 2006 EX-L with 190K Miles on it.
I was hoping to get some input on what intervals we should be changing our oil at going forward (We follow honda recommended interval) and what oil you high mileage folks are running successfully. We currently have 5W20 Synthetic
Did you just get this Pilot, or have you had it for the past 190K miles?
Are you following the maintenance minder for oil change intervals?
What brand(s) of synthetic oil have you been using?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,267 Posts
That's all well and good for engine oil, but don't neglect other essential fluids (e.g., ATF, VTM-4 and front transfer case fluid [assuming 4WD], PS fluid, brake fluid and coolant), What are you doing concerning those?

And welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
8,932 Posts
That's all well and good for engine oil, but don't neglect other essential fluids (e.g., ATF, VTM-4 and front transfer case fluid [assuming 4WD], PS fluid, brake fluid and coolant), What are you doing concerning those?

·
Registered
Nobili spiritus embiggens pequeño sparus tyre.
9,267 Posts
It's called a value-added response. :)

·
Registered
2007 Honda Pilot EX 4WD (J35A9)
97 Posts
I run full synthetic, but am not brand loyal, for both the oil and oil filter. Right now it has 5w20 Rotella Gas Truck because I got jugs of it so cheaply. I focus more on keeping the proper oil level and change interval, as opposed to a specfic brand. If I didnt play the Mail in Rebate game, I would simply go to Walmart and get Super Tech in 5w20 or 0w20 (for us in the frozen north, in winter), high mileage.

·
Registered
2006 EX-L 4WD Nav
62 Posts
Mobil 1 High Mileage with a can of Restore and a K&N Oil Filter every 5,000 for me. At 203k and still purrs like a kitten.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts