Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have a 2019 Pilot EX-L which has been in an accident already. Ever since we had the car fixed The moldings seem to keep coming loose. Being that I cannot prove the shop did the damage around the windshield, no reason for them to work on it. I cannot find how to replace or fix this problem. The passenger side molding has clips which are adhered to the frame of the car and are snapped too. I don’t know how to fix this problem other than using an epoxy to “glue” it down. Any thoughts?
FC8048E7-E535-425A-9920-4F2E0FF4CF7D.jpeg
FC8048E7-E535-425A-9920-4F2E0FF4CF7D.jpeg 95C871CF-9F11-471A-A7A1-4557166BF7C5.jpeg C302B45A-627D-4BAC-876D-4B11B56C8FC0.jpeg

·
Registered
446 Posts
If that area was not involved in the accident. Take it to the dealer for warranty repair.

Reactions: 2Pilot19 and Rocky

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot EXL AWD
88 Posts
2Pilot19-

Sorry to hear about your unfortunate situation!

FYI, insight for you on this... Although the vehicle involved wasn't a Pilot, the same may apply to your situation.

When I initially started looking for a vehicle a few years back (prior to my present 2016 Pilot), I had gone to a Honda dealer and purchased a used 2011 Honda CRV AWD. On the way home from the dealer, the SRS (Supplemental Restraint System) light went on. I contacted my local Honda Dealer and made an appointment to have it looked at (purchased the CRV 3 1/2 hours away, and was under the Honda used vehicle warranty program). Before actually going to the local dealer an hour away, I was washing the windshield and noticed that the mouldings around the front windshield were loose and flapping a bit in the wind.

When dropping off the vehicle to have them look at the SRS issue, I mentioned to them about the mouldings. We had left the vehicle at the shop to have the work done and were away from the dealership when I got a call from the service technician that there wasn't anything that they could do, and they were going to contact the actual dealer about this.

I received a call from the original dealer that we purchased it through telling me that the salesperson that had taken the vehicle in on trade had somehow misplaced some paperwork signed by the original owner that stated that the vehicle had been in an accident, and repairs had exceed XXXX dollars and %, and the dealer went through the paperwork, it was discovered that the CRV had been in an accident where the costs were such that the vehicle should NOT have been in the warranty/Honda guarantee program. Although the dealer had a clean Car Fax on the vehicle, the CRV had gone into an independent body shop to repair damage from a T-bone accident, which tweaked the frame AND the body. The local dealer had discovered this because body parts (doors, body parts, etc.) were missing, or had conflicting VIN number plates on those parts.

My local dealer would not have thought to look at that without my advising them of the windshield mouldings.

In your case, depending on the type of accident you had, and how major it was, you might want to have the body repair shop that did the repair job look at the work they did, and see if the body/frame wasn't aligned properly. Both my local dealer and the original dealer advised me that when the body is tweaked like that, it is difficult to align it back to original specs.

Hope that gives some insight and helps you out!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts