Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone else with these problems?! 2 weeks into ownership, No audio connection messages on radio screen. Then no FM connection. Network communication lost. Then black screens. Also lost digital instrument cluster, all happend several times, not to mention horrible Bluetooth sound quality! Its a big problem for me when my 2 year old is in the car and my wife is telling me that she has no gauges and screens. Its been 5 Times back to dealership. The radio, cluster, tuner, head unit, and the biggest, the entire body harness! Still not fixed. Just got message again last week. Honda North America is telling me its a software issue with 3rd party suppliers of infotainment system with NO CURRENT FIX!! I have been a technician for 12 years, I imagine this is a bigger issue than Honda leading me to believe. I see many others having issues with rebooting, blank screens and im sure more cases will pop up. Im done with this car. Dealership is telling me they cant give me another car without 5-6k out of pocket due to depreciation. What BS. Talking with lemon law lawyer today
Did this ever get fixed?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Anyone else with these problems?! 2 weeks into ownership, No audio connection messages on radio screen. Then no FM connection. Network communication lost. Then black screens. Also lost digital instrument cluster, all happend several times, not to mention horrible Bluetooth sound quality! Its a big problem for me when my 2 year old is in the car and my wife is telling me that she has no gauges and screens. Its been 5 Times back to dealership. The radio, cluster, tuner, head unit, and the biggest, the entire body harness! Still not fixed. Just got message again last week. Honda North America is telling me its a software issue with 3rd party suppliers of infotainment system with NO CURRENT FIX!! I have been a technician for 12 years, I imagine this is a bigger issue than Honda leading me to believe. I see many others having issues with rebooting, blank screens and im sure more cases will pop up. Im done with this car. Dealership is telling me they cant give me another car without 5-6k out of pocket due to depreciation. What BS. Talking with lemon law lawyer today
I almost Lemoned our 2018 accord with its rattling dash and rear deck speaker lid. It took so many visits to the dealership I was where you are at now just different issues. I will say they do repairs “by the book” and sometimes even when the techs know it’s not a real fix. So I had to keep coming in until they could add extra layers of padding to the dash and deck to solve the problem. It’s almost like they have to wait until a solution is come up with for fresh issues or they have to make up a solution. But only after trying the fix that Honda tells them too. In your case being electrical I hope they have multiple warranty repairs so they know the best fix otherwise the buyer has to suffer. As a consumer it’s annoying they sell these vehicles for $30-50k and all these problems are in existence on brand new cars. What’s that mean for ownership 10 years down the line. I have a 2016 Honda Pilot I’ve also had in and out of the dealership water pump replacement , relays those sorts but not nearly as much as the trim on the accord has messed with me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi everyone. Settlement with Honda is Finished. Car still not fixed. Honda is supposed to come out with software this month Idk. Dont care. Wife has 20k miles on car. They wont outright buy back. Gave me "compensation" for my issues. I guess im ok with the amount awarded. I don't have to pay lawyers, under NJ lemon law the manufacturer pays them directly. They had the nerve to say we put alot of miles on car. NO SH#$T we are not supposed to drive our car? And ohh if you look at Kelly blu book it says its worth this much for trade in! Can you believe that load. MORONS. Im a tech at a dealer. I know what im getting for trade and its not close to kbb. I think I pushed some buttons because im in the business and called them out several times. I know the game. I have trade in value, plus money they awarded, its almost like a buy back. Still a loss. No personal compensation for all the BS we have endured. This has been going on since last year. F Honda! 2020 Highlander will be out in December, we will check it out. My advice for everyone, get a lawyer for lemon law. See what state rules apply. Keep all records and dont be afraid to go to dealer every time you have a problem Pulling fuses and keyboard tricks are BS! The way Honda has treated Its customers and continues to sell defective vehicles is fraudulent. The manufacturer I work for would have traded the customer out of the defective vehicle and into a new one a year ago. Anyone involved in class action please let me know how its going and process involved. Good luck to all.

·
Banned
379 Posts
Glad I went with EX-L. I've had two, 2017 and 2019 and no issues. Maybe I'm in for it I don't know but so far so good. I honestly think it's too much tech on the upper trim levels.

·
Registered
12,785 Posts
Glad I went with EX-L. I've had two, 2017 and 2019 and no issues. Maybe I'm in for it I don't know but so far so good. I honestly think it's too much tech on the upper trim levels.
There is indeed such a thing as over-engineering. (I'm looking at you, Bimmers.) Nice when it all works like on the drawing board, but it's that many more potential failure points over time and in real world conditions.

And even if it does work, sometimes it's just excessive.

·
Banned
379 Posts
There is indeed such a thing as over-engineering. (I'm looking at you, Bimmers.) Nice when it all works like on the drawing board, but it's that many more potential failure points over time and in real world conditions.

And even if it does work, sometimes it's just excessive.

I said the same thing in another thread and some guy disagreed and accused me of being afraid of tech. LoL. Not true at all. Sometimes it's just too much and it's an open door for more problems.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts