Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

19 Pilot Touring its a Lemon!

14601 Views 25 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  slipjohn1
Anyone else with these problems?! 2 weeks into ownership, No audio connection messages on radio screen. Then no FM connection. Network communication lost. Then black screens. Also lost digital instrument cluster, all happend several times, not to mention horrible Bluetooth sound quality! Its a big problem for me when my 2 year old is in the car and my wife is telling me that she has no gauges and screens. Its been 5 Times back to dealership. The radio, cluster, tuner, head unit, and the biggest, the entire body harness! Still not fixed. Just got message again last week. Honda North America is telling me its a software issue with 3rd party suppliers of infotainment system with NO CURRENT FIX!! I have been a technician for 12 years, I imagine this is a bigger issue than Honda leading me to believe. I see many others having issues with rebooting, blank screens and im sure more cases will pop up. Im done with this car. Dealership is telling me they cant give me another car without 5-6k out of pocket due to depreciation. What BS. Talking with lemon law lawyer today
Reactions: Buckb1256
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yup, thats exactly my situation to the T. I can't get a straight answer from Honda. You need to talk to a Lemon law attorney. The dealer and tech support are no help out of the car. The dealer is not willing to take a loss and pay for a car they didn't build, can you blame them? The laws are different in each state. Who knows if another new pilot will have the same bugs. We are at a loss either way. Maybe I should just run to a Lexus dealership instead!

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Update. Picking up from latest dealer visit. STILL NO FIX FOR ISSUE. Wtf is Honda doing. Maybe they fired the engineering dept. Or did they ever even have one? My guess is no. I had latest recall for timing belt inspection completed. Passed that inspection. Yay. Wife reluctant to drive car. Now we have rattles over bumps from car being gutted for wire harness/everything replacement. Honda dragging feet in lemon process. I will not take any financial loss over this so im forced to ride it out, and I will for as long as it takes. It amazes me that they are STILL SELLING THESE knowing they have massive problems. Fraudulent. It is out of my hands now and up to my Legal team.

· Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Hi everyone. Settlement with Honda is Finished. Car still not fixed. Honda is supposed to come out with software this month Idk. Dont care. Wife has 20k miles on car. They wont outright buy back. Gave me "compensation" for my issues. I guess im ok with the amount awarded. I don't have to pay lawyers, under NJ lemon law the manufacturer pays them directly. They had the nerve to say we put alot of miles on car. NO SH#$T we are not supposed to drive our car? And ohh if you look at Kelly blu book it says its worth this much for trade in! Can you believe that load. MORONS. Im a tech at a dealer. I know what im getting for trade and its not close to kbb. I think I pushed some buttons because im in the business and called them out several times. I know the game. I have trade in value, plus money they awarded, its almost like a buy back. Still a loss. No personal compensation for all the BS we have endured. This has been going on since last year. F Honda! 2020 Highlander will be out in December, we will check it out. My advice for everyone, get a lawyer for lemon law. See what state rules apply. Keep all records and dont be afraid to go to dealer every time you have a problem Pulling fuses and keyboard tricks are BS! The way Honda has treated Its customers and continues to sell defective vehicles is fraudulent. The manufacturer I work for would have traded the customer out of the defective vehicle and into a new one a year ago. Anyone involved in class action please let me know how its going and process involved. Good luck to all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts