Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys, I’m thinking about color change the interior trims but unsure how it all come off, especially the long trim piece that run from the driver side to the passenger side. And as for the door panel trim piece, I have not take the panel off yet, is the trim piece there able to come off too?
ECFF1564-F8FE-4F34-B2E3-C4E7F765912A.jpeg
43BA7F9F-F80B-43DF-B8DC-C217D27F9363.jpeg

·
Registered
57 Posts
If you look on this page at the "sticky" threads at the top, there is one called "2016 Honda Pilot Service Info ". A kind person posted all the Honda service literature for the 2016 Pilot. You don't say what year you have, but it will probably be very similar. If Honda detailed how to remove those trim pieces, it should be in there.

But since you're wanting to remove a piece of trim from a piece of trim, they might not have that in there. But you can at least see how to get to it. Generally I've found that if Honda sells the part individually, they usually have instructions on how to remove it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you look on this page at the "sticky" threads at the top, there is one called "2016 Honda Pilot Service Info ". A kind person posted all the Honda service literature for the 2016 Pilot. You don't say what year you have, but it will probably be very similar. If Honda detailed how to remove those trim pieces, it should be in there.

But since you're wanting to remove a piece of trim from a piece of trim, they might not have that in there. But you can at least see how to get to it. Generally I've found that if Honda sells the part individually, they usually have instructions on how to remove it.
I got a 19 Pilot, sorry forgot to include the year. I’ll take a look at the sticky post, thank you for your help

·
Registered
219 Posts
Are you going to vinyl wrap them? Could you wrap them while on the car?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Are you going to vinyl wrap them? Could you wrap them while on the car?
I was thinking about vinyl or leather wrap (maybe I will try to leather since it will match with the rest of the interior) take it apart make it so much easier and I don't have to stay in the cold while doing it.

·
Registered
219 Posts
I was thinking about vinyl or leather wrap (maybe I will try to leather since it will match with the rest of the interior) take it apart make it so much easier and I don't have to stay in the cold while doing it.
Lol... I'm thinking about doing the same, hence me asking. but I'll be doing vinyl wrap, but yes, totally understand, just waiting for the warmer weather before doing. But I've been watching CKWrap videos on youtube, it seems like it's easier to do when it's mounted so you can stretch the vinyl.

·
Registered
2 Posts
BTW, I wouldn't have it any other way: piano black looks terrible with dust all over it and it regularly irritated me. My wife liked it so much that we did the same thing to her 2018 Pilot as well.

·
Registered
219 Posts
So I wrapped the piano black pieces in Vinyl today while they were on teh car.... wow it was alot of work... what I thought would be an hour or 2 became 4 hours.
It was hard to cut on the seams for center console, cause i didn't know where the seam was at times.

Also had a few bubbles and hoping they go away after a few days.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So I wrapped the piano black pieces in Vinyl today while they were on teh car.... wow it was alot of work... what I thought would be an hour or 2 became 4 hours.
It was hard to cut on the seams for center console, cause i didn't know where the seam was at times.

Also had a few bubbles and hoping they go away after a few days.
that's actually what I want to do to the trim pieces, it a little hard when you do it on the car which is why I want to remove them off. but anyway it look hella good man

·
Registered
219 Posts
that's actually what I want to do to the trim pieces, it a little hard when you do it on the car which is why I want to remove them off. but anyway it look hella good man
the hard part was actually cutting around the areas... it was a difficult to know where to cut. Only good thing is that black CF on Black allows for some room of error. I might actually do a bit more of the matte black pieces to CF as well like the window controls....
But that will be another time.... it was hard around the steering wheel as well when cutting, wasn't expecting that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts