Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a set of 19 inch wheels (preferably a darker color) for my 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L

I want 19s since I think 18s are a bit too small and 20s are a bit too big

Please leave me a suggestion for some wheels and tell me if going 19 is a good idea or not

Thanks!

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
I want a set of 19 inch wheels (preferably a darker color) for my 2016 Honda Pilot EX-L

Please leave me a suggestion for some wheels and tell me if going 19 is a good idea or not

Thanks!
It limits your tire selection. There are wider tires at 255 60 19. You may have something specific in mind.

Reactions: toolazy4alogin

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It limits your tire selection. There are wider tires at 255 60 19. You may have something specific in mind.
I've been looking at a set of Petrol P0As but I'm not set on it

I would consider any suggestion or recommendation.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
I've been looking at a set of Petrol P0As but I'm not set on it

I would consider any suggestion or recommendation.
I prefer the 18in rim because with more tire than rim, it provides a more quieter comfortable ride. Curb rashed tires and rims is a real problem with the Mrs. Lol.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
I would encourage you to look at tire prices.

If i remember correctly, others feel free to chime in, 19 inch tires are generally more expensive then 20 inch.
And 20s are definitely more expensive than 18s.

Reactions: Highspeedbail

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I prefer the 18in rim because with more tire than rim, it provides a more quieter comfortable ride. Curb rashed tires and rims is a real problem with the Mrs. Lol.
Thanks a lot, I'll start looking for some 18s any suggestion on a wheel to get me started?

·
Registered
448 Posts
If you're a Costco member they have a wheels shop with a decent aftermarket selection. Usually have something on sale too. Of course there is always Tire Rack and your local shops.

Hard to give specific recommendations for something so personal. Find a setup that has a look you love and look for something similar. If you want to see what 20s feel and drive like, go test drive a new one.

Tips for wheel shopping:
1. Weight is a performance and fuel mileage penalty. Lighter is better, but costs more too.
2. You'll probably need new lugnuts.
3. Don't forget hub-centric rings for proper fitment.
4. Don't forget about new TPMS sensors.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Your 2016 Pilot EXL comes standard with 18" wheels. Going up in wheel/tire size up to 19" or 20" is a person choice. The Touring and Elite trim packages have 20" wheels standard. Going up in wheel size will make the ride stiffer (ie, you'll feel the bumps/dips in the road more easily as you are riding on less air cushion, but may make the vehicle feel more responsive). You should go test ride a 2016-2019 Elite or Touring to see if you like the way 20" wheels feel before you jump in to buying new wheels/tires. If you think 18' wheels look too small you could stick with 18" wheels but get a little bigger tire to fill out the tire well area more. The cheapest way to get darker color wheels is to just have the current 18" ones you have on your Pilot powder coated whatever color you want (black, gray, silver, dark blue, dark pink...whatever floats your boat). The next most reasonably priced way to accomplish the goal is to buy 18" wheels from the classified section of this website or the Ridgelineowners.com website looking for BlackEdition wheels or other Honda version darker colored 18" wheels someone else is selling when they purchased their new upgraded expensive wheels. The wheels will fit and you wont need to make sure the spacing is correct, buy new lugnuts, TMPS sensors, etc. If cost is no object....find whatever you like in the market (style and color vary greatly) and purchase away! If you buy 18" wheels, you can just have the current tires, TMPS sensors you already have on the Pilot transferred to those wheels or buy bigger tires. Do a search for wheels/tires in this and the Ridgelineowners.com website. Their are lots of members with lots of opinions on what they think is the best setup.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any recommendations on sporty 20” rims? I have a 2019 EX-L (black).

I’m thinking gloss black rims, similar to the Black Edition.

If anyone has photos of a 2016-21 Pilot with larger black rims I’m interested. Looking for ideas - I don’t want my Pilot to look thugged out, but rather more like sporty / Range Rover clean. Thanks.

2019 Pilot EX-L Navi (Black) with SVCM, 30% tint

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD, 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
50 Posts
Any recommendations on sporty 20” rims? I have a 2019 EX-L (black).

I’m thinking gloss black rims, similar to the Black Edition.

If anyone has photos of a 2016-21 Pilot with larger black rims I’m interested. Looking for ideas - I don’t want my Pilot to look thugged out, but rather more like sporty / Range Rover clean. Thanks.

2019 Pilot EX-L Navi (Black) with SVCM, 30% tint

Ranger rover wheels fit and they look great on the 3rd gen pilot. I’ve sometimes seen them for sale on Facebook market or eBay

·
Registered
2020 Honda Pilot EX-L AWD, 2017 Honda CR-V EX-L AWD
50 Posts

Thanks!
If you’re still thinking about 19”, I’ve often thought that the odyssey elite 19” wheels would be a good look for the pilot

1 - 15 of 15 Posts