Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
2020 Honda Passport Touring AWD Metallic Steel
5,096 Posts
No, the last number in the sequence of 245.60R-18 signifies the size of the rim?wheel the tire will fit on. For those tires you need to buy 18" wheels or buy 20" snow tires for the stock rim size.
The first number, 245 is the tire width, the second number 60 is the aspect ration, R indicates it is a Radial Tire, and the last number 18 is the rim diameter. This explains how to read the markings on tires.

·
Registered
922 Posts
If you are asking can you downsize from the Touring standard 20 inch wheels and tires to an 18 inch tire and wheel as your topic header states , then yes you should be able to. The 245X60X18 is an optional factory installed size put on the LX, EX-L, and EX 2019 models. Should be the same for the 2020? I believe many owner's put the smaller sized wheels and tires on for winter tires.

Should be no problem what so ever. Here is a comparison of the two sizes.

Reactions: EFICTION

·
Registered
2016 EXL AWD Nav with sensing , 2008 Corolla SE
871 Posts
Certainly a much more cost effective option going to the 18" steel rims and snows. I just have to get some sensors installed in mine so I don't get the TPMS warning every time I start the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.