Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner

18” full size spare rim

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  osimj 
#1 ·
We have a 2020 Pilot EX AWD and I want to replace the doughnut spare with a full size tire.
we have the 18” x 8” wheels , I can’t seem to find a full size STEEL wheel the same size that fits and can be used for the spare.Or maybe I’m not looking in the right places.
We bought a nice set of aluminum Enkei rims with Blizzak snow tires right after we got the vehicle for the winter and the Pilot was great in the snow last winter.
Want a full size spare for safety in all seasons and long distance trips.
thanks for any help. 😎

#6 ·
You could also get a spare factory alloy from ebay, craiglist, classifieds here and Ridgeline Owners club. I got a spare Ridgeline 18" from ROC (but I also have 4 Ridgeline rims for summer). My factory EX-L have my snow tires on them.

Reactions: Nail Grease
#7 ·
Thank you, but we were just thinking of a steel one cause we have different rims for summer and winter and matching the look doesn’t matter .
But I will ask how you like your Michelin LTX tires? We will be wanting new summer tires probably next year or so as I never like to keep factory tires too long cause they just don’t give you very good factory tires that last long . Thanks

#8 ·
Where are you located? Update your profile when you get a chance so when you hover over the flag it shows. It helps us help you. What are you looking for from the different tires? There are multiple threads with the tires that many of us prefer (Michelin, Pirelli, Continental, Sumitomo and others).

For me, I've had the previous versions of LTX M/S and now these Defender LTX M/S. They work great for what I need. My wife takes it on the beach, I take it to hunting cabin, towing cargo trailer. They are quieter then the Bridgestone's that came on it and ride better. Wife is happy. I haven't tried a set of them in snow for almost 20 years as I run full snows in winter. Many people love them and use them all year.

Tire Rack has good ratings and reviews from users.

I put some Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus 2 on my daughters '08 CRV and so far would recommend them also for nice and quiet highway and good in rain/dry.

#9 · (Edited)
Where are you located? Update your profile when you get a chance so when you hover over the flag it shows. It helps us help you. What are you looking for from the different tires? There are multiple threads with the tires that many of us prefer (Michelin, Pirelli, Continental, Sumitomo and others).

For me, I've had the previous versions of LTX M/S and now these Defender LTX M/S. They work great for what I need. My wife takes it on the beach, I take it to hunting cabin, towing cargo trailer. They are quieter then the Bridgestone's that came on it and ride better. Wife is happy. I haven't tried a set of them in snow for almost 20 years as I run full snows in winter. Many people love them and use them all year.

Tire Rack has good ratings and reviews from users.

I put some Pirelli Scorpion Verde All Season Plus 2 on my daughters '08 CRV and so far would recommend them also for nice and quiet highway and good in rain/dry.
I don’t come on here often, I will add more to profile at some point.
I’m in Northern Michigan, dirt roads some not well maintained , we don’t offroad anymore. She has a 50 mile round trip for work on blacktop and cement anywhere from 35 mph to 65. She does seven weekends on the freeway dong 70 or so going back and forth about 300 miles to the Michigan Renaissance Festival , that’s why I want the full size spare. She may tow our trailer but probably not if I keep my Cherokee.
Have dedicated snow tires as mentioned before.
I had a set of LTXs on a 2010 Jeep Patriot loved them offroad and in snow and snowy icy mud were great , but that was 2011 and a different vehicle .
I buy almost all our tires for years now from Tirerack and that’s where I got her winter rims with the Blizzaks.
Tireracks reviews are not always vehicle specific so I appreciate your input on how you like them on the Pilot , especially since I’m sure there not the same as the ones I bought 10 years ago. Also thanks for the info on the noise factor , that was my concern too .😎

#10 ·
The tread pattern is the same :D . The Pilot AWD system works well and with better tires will get you through 99%. If really muddy and crappy maybe a more all terrain version but as you know trade offs for road noise, ride, etc. Search on some of my posts regarding the off road, snow mode, sand mode. It was actually part of the reason we got the Pilot over others. Sand mode locks up rear clutches in differential. If not all links are here they are at Ridgeline Owners club also. same user name.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.