Honda Pilot - Honda Pilot Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having same intermittent P0430 fault code on 16 Honda Pilot LX with 65k miles. Didn’t pay the diagnostic fee yet but dealer says fuel injector replacement extended in some cases at either 5yrs/60k or 7-8yrs/70-80k miles depending on codes and or specific VINs. I see Honda TSB 19-072 and may have missed it but didn’t see anything about extended warranty regarding this issue. Anyone have specific documents that I can arm myself before revisiting dealer to diagnose? If definitely not going to be covered under warranty, will be better off going to regular mechanic. Any feedback is much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
922 Posts
There is a federal emissions warranty that does cover the fuel injectors. Unfortunately, the coverage time length and miles vary depending on what state you are in. Start by checking the emissions warranty for your car and where you live to see what is covered.

Not sure if Honda is covering these when they are past any warranty as an extended special warranty or as a good will repair. You would have to check with your dealer to find out for sure.

I even posted about the various overages that might be available depending on where you live and what year model you have.

Emissions Warranty Differs by State and Model Year

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is a federal emissions warranty that does cover the fuel injectors. Unfortunately, the coverage time length and miles vary depending on what state you are in. Start by checking the emissions warranty for your car and where you live to see what is covered.

Not sure if Honda is covering these when they are past any warranty as an extended special warranty or as a good will repair. You would have to check with your dealer to find out for sure.

I even posted about the various overages that might be available depending on where you live and what year model you have.

Emissions Warranty Differs by State and Model Year
Thank you for the response. Took 16 Pilot to dealer in Virginia yesterday, software updated and then A/F test failed which they said meant fuel injectors needed replacing. Service guy then said that the Technical Service Bulletin (19-072) unfortunately didn’t extend the standard warranty and even looked up fuel injector set part number which didn’t indicate any extended warranty either.

Thought I was going to have to argue with service manager or Honda to cover but then head shop foreman came out from service area and told service guy that he was using wrong part number, had to look up using old fuel injector part number. Still unclear to me what actual warranty was (maybe 8yr/80k miles) since foreman indicates he would assume any risk in dealing with Honda for warranty reimbursement and then they replaced fuel injectors, rails, gaskets etc (per above bulletin) at no cost which was awesome. Was sure I was going to get stuck with $1000-$1500 repair.

Hope this helps someone else in similar situation in making sure dealer service uses old part number for verifying extended fuel injector replacement warranty coverage.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Glad to hear it worked out in your favor!

I am hoping that Honda reimburses those owner's who had to front the repair money themselves, while others have had the repairs covered at no cost.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts